Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:01:56 AM

Author Topic: Galil + Mach issue with G moves  (Read 3265 times)

Galil + Mach issue with G moves
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »
I have a Galil DMC 2183 that I am using to drive a couple of servos on a laser station.  I have installed the latest version of Mach3 (3.042.040) and have the latest plug-in for Galil (4.4). 

When I start Mach3, I have created a new profile and chosen my Galil controller when setting up the plug-in.  I am able to jog the servos at this point and can input G0 X... moves and the motors move.  When I exit Mach3 and reopen, I am able to jog, but I am no longer able to do the G moves.  After trying the G moves, I can no longer jog the motors unless I perform a Reset. 

I have tried this several times where I create a new profile, am able to have everything function properly and then lose the functionality once I restart Mach3.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Offline MAT

•  4 4
    • View Profile
Re: Galil + Mach issue with G moves
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:45:31 AM »
Hi,

I have same kind of issue with dmc-1425 galil controler. In continuous mode, the DRO work well. But, when I use step mode with 1" increment, the "to go" set at 0,999" and noting move. Then, I can't move my axis in continuous mode without a Reset. I observed same behavior when I try a G1X1 in MDI screen. I use the lastest version of MACH and galil plug-in is 4.4 .

Thanks a lot for your help.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Galil + Mach issue with G moves
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:07:18 AM »
LaserCut,

Do you have the axes mapped in the plugin config?  And also set to the correct motor types?  I know what MAT's issue was and it was specific to his 1425 controller.  I have a 2173 working perfectly, so I don't think your controller is an issue. 

Steve