Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:18 AM

Author Topic: Adding DRO to MachTurn  (Read 17063 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Adding DRO to MachTurn
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »
Ok try it with this macro instead, remembering you will need to rename to M6Start.m1s before you place it in the macro folder of yourprofile.

Hood
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:13:30 AM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 04:27:34 AM »
Oops typo in that last one, have tool3 twice, use this one instead.
Oh and also forgot to mention on General Config page you will need to set to Auto Toolchange option.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 04:38:31 AM »
Cheers Hood . I will have a stab at that tomorrow hopefully . Family things today unfortunately but at least I should be able to have a good stab at it tomorrow thanks to your kind help . You are a star sir . Thank you .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 05:25:33 AM »
The numbers in the macro might need tweaked a bit but see how it goes.
Might also be better to make the macro work in machine coords as well but will change that once you have tested things out so as not to pollute the thread with many different versions, already have too many due to my typos ;D
Hood
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 07:23:57 AM »
Right , had a time to play this morning and done everything you suggested . It works fine in manual mode using page up and page down . The only thing I have a problem with is the toolchange through MDI . When you type in t0202 m06 the turret runs the wrong way i.e. it runs up against the pawl first . I do not know how to change this in Mach3 .  Apart from that it looks like jobsa goodun . :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
Go to Config menu then Homing and Limits and choose the Reverse option for the A Axis.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
Just thought of another thing, I said to press the Ref All when your turret was homed but I dont think the standard Lathe screenset has such a button so you wont be able to do it.
Do you use the standard Turn screenset? if so I will quickly add a button for you and also a DRO if you wish. If you use a non standard screenset attach it and I will modify it for you.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »
Cool . I do indeed use the standard screen set that comes with MachTurn . It does have a "Home All" button . Could it have a separate "Home" button like the other axis ? It does not have the third DRO though . To be honest , now that you've done a great job in sorting out the toolchanging macro for me , once I set the turret to position 1 and press the home all I should not need a DRO because the tool number will always be displayed . Although this does not take in to account moving it manually .
Just had a thought on the macro though . When you home the turret , tool 0 is displayed . I know this sounds daft , but when T0101 is called , will the turret turn 1 position . If so , it would actually be tool 2 . When you home the turret , can the tool N° be set to 1 ? Or does the macro take this into account ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »
When you call tool 1 the  macro will move to the changer to position 1 if its not already there, because you have set home as zero then it is indeed there so wont move but the Tool number DRO should update to tool 1. If that doesnt happen its no problem, I can make the home button for the changer a VB button and make it write 1 to the Tool number DRO.
Have you tried out the macro yet? I am thinking it may need some tweaking with the numbers and also I think it might be best to do the macro in machine coords .
Will go alter the standard screenset a bit, it wont be pretty but will at least get you working.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »
Load this and see how it goes.
Hood