Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:32:49 AM

Author Topic: Outputs  (Read 3400 times)

Outputs
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »
Hi!

I don't have a lot of experiences with Mach so I will just ask you to help me. I am making a remote controll for Mach and I have already figured out how to connect buttons, but I don't know if I can connect something like LED diodes to parallel port, to show me if program is running, spindle is on and things like that.
Is that possible to set in Mach?

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
David
Re: Outputs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:06:25 AM »
You can program mach inputs and outputs to control what you want. Parallel port can sink and source only very low current on each pin, so take the precaution of using buffers to light the leds or maybe you can run it all through a braakout board
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Yes I know about the current, thank you for warning. I have figured it out that I can change the script for M codes, but this is usable only when running a program. How can I do other things? Can I change this in Machsreen Screen Designer?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
you can add macros to buttons, or also use brains or macro pump. I use flash for screen design that gives you much more flexibility
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
I downloaded Machscreen and figured it out how to do it. Will a simple line ActivateSignal(OUTPUTX) be enough? X is the output number. I am more into C language and don't know much of programming Mach.

Thank you.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
Nope. Still don't know how to do it. I said it to quick... Can one button do just one thing? So I can't assign VB-script to the same button... Or am I doing it wrong...