Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:52:57 PM

Author Topic: Mach3+ajax+GSK  (Read 4170 times)

Mach3+ajax+GSK
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:48 AM »
i am new in the field of CNC our current set up is mach3 with ajax board (MPU11 and GPIO4D) with GSK servo drive and motors.

i would like to ask an assistance on how to properly connect the GPIO4D and MPU11 board to GSK DA98B servo drive.

We cannot find the -10v to +10v reading on the GPIO4D board, where should we measure it?

what we did was to connect the Encoder phase differential output (A,B,&Z) of the DA98B to the MPU11 encoder, then the analog com and analog out of the GPIO4D board to the analog ground and analog speed instruction of DA98B, the fault of GPIO4D to the alarm of DA98B, and the Enable out of GPIO4D to the servo on of DA98B.

We tried using the Speed signal input and directional signal input and connected it to the +5v of the MPU11 encoder and its ground but we have no success.

the usual error that appears is "Axis X following error" or "Axis X full power without motion" whenever the motor axis is enable in mach3, when i disable the motor axis the motor runs but it does not follow the program (Gcodes) as it does not stop.

We also connected a relay output on the servo on of the driver because we cannot seem to find a signal from the GPIO4D board that will run the servo.

here is an attachment of the GSK manual. and PIN connections that we made
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:12:49 AM by Sobida Motors »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach3+ajax+GSK
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
You'd probably get a much quicker response from Ajax, as I'm not sure if there are many Ajax users here or on the Yahoo group.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Mach3+ajax+GSK
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
i am new in the field of CNC our current set up is mach3 with ajax board (MPU11 and GPIO4D) with GSK servo drive and motors.

i would like to ask an assistance on how to properly connect the GPIO4D and MPU11 board to GSK DA98B servo drive.

We cannot find the -10v to +10v reading on the GPIO4D board, where should we measure it?

what we did was to connect the Encoder phase differential output (A,B,&Z) of the DA98B to the MPU11 encoder, then the analog com and analog out of the GPIO4D board to the analog ground and analog speed instruction of DA98B, the fault of GPIO4D to the alarm of DA98B, and the Enable out of GPIO4D to the servo on of DA98B.

We tried using the Speed signal input and directional signal input and connected it to the +5v of the MPU11 encoder and its ground but we have no success.

the usual error that appears is "Axis X following error" or "Axis X full power without motion" whenever the motor axis is enable in mach3, when i disable the motor axis the motor runs but it does not follow the program (Gcodes) as it does not stop.

We also connected a relay output on the servo on of the driver because we cannot seem to find a signal from the GPIO4D board that will run the servo.

here is an attachment of the GSK manual. and PIN connections that we made
Hi, I am in the same situation with same errors message, have you resolved the problem? If yes, how? thanks
petecul