Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:48:19 AM

Author Topic: Failure of PWM mode to control machine spindle motor  (Read 6149 times)

Failure of PWM mode to control machine spindle motor
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »
We have bought "KX-3" model milling machine made by SUMORE, china, which is controlled by MACH-3. Machine spindle motor is controlled by a drive "MBLC-1100-300H" made by HONCAR. Spindle motor runs only in general mode, i.e, ON and OFF. "PULSE WIDTH MODULATION (PWM)" mode which is supposed to control the spindle direction and speed is not functioning. In PWM mode the spindle is not at all running. Kindly provide me some solutions over this problem i face. What are all the parameters to be set before working in PWM mode?

Regards,
Guru krupa electronik services,
India.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Failure of PWM mode to control machine spindle motor
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:40:39 AM »
Do you have any documentation that you could attach or link to?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 05:21:56 AM »
http://www.honcar.com/en/product_1.asp?menuid2=13&id=20&menuid=2

this is all i can get from the drive manufacturer's website. can u suggest me any ideas to check the drive externally whether it does pulse width modulation?? can a potentiometer be connected to a IC555 timer through which the drive can be made to modulate pulse? only if i can confirm that the drive is ok hardware-wise, i can take further steps to check the software MACH-3..

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 06:29:58 PM »
Sorry for late reply, been away all weekend.

Lookiing at that link it would seem you have a Servo motor for a spindle, not much info there but seems like the connections at CN3 is where the signals from the control go in. It looks like there is another board attached there, do you have any info on that board or can you take a picture of it and attach to your reply here.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:22 AM »
Hi,
    Can you provide me the "PARAMETERS SETTINGS" in MACH-3 for PWM mode operation??

Regards,
Guru krupa electronik services,
Chennai,
India.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:31 AM »
Look in the Install and Config manual for info on PWM, starts at page 4-18
http://www.machsupport.com/docs/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf