Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:08:11 AM

Author Topic: Single Block problems with G81  (Read 2696 times)

Single Block problems with G81
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
I am just in the beginning stages of setting up mach3 and I have it doing simulation runs on some of my G code. Everything looks good but when I am running a G81 program and hit single block it pauses the maching and then only resumes the X and Y motion but not the Z. If the tool is half way in a hole and single block is activated, the drill cycle does not complete.
Is there a wrong setting or something?

Thanks
Dave
Re: Single Block problems with G81
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
It seems that single block will work if you use it right from the start of the program.
But if it is activated after drilling a few holes, then it drills to the depth and stops at the bottom of the hole. When you hit cycle start it just feeds the X and Y to the next hole at the drilling feedrate without retracting the Z axis and will do this for every hole after no matter if single block is on or off.

Any ideas? I need to know if Mach is going to work for our machine or not.

Thanks
Dave
Re: Single Block problems with G81
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »
I have also noticed it.
Also I have noticed that when holding in a canned cycle, sometimes the hold led does not lit.
If the actual hold takes place when the drill is up, it sometimes lits the led and allows jogging. If it takes place when the drill is down it warns that you are pausing in a cycle and it does not allow jogging and it does not lit the led.