Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:29:22 AM

Author Topic: X axis incorrect  (Read 2758 times)

X axis incorrect
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
I installed the newer version of Mach 3 into my Red Cam machine. When I send the machine home it heads to the top right hand side of the machine rather than to the upper left hand side. I went into the pins and ports and switched the machine to x dir low active and while it rectifies the direction the machine travels using the keyboard it still goes to the top right when home is requested. I went into homing and reversed the home and then the home works but the keys now work opposite. Is there something that I am missing?

The main problem is that the z axis direction is wrong and that the machine goes opposite to the direction you tell it.

Thanks very much

Rodney
Re: X axis incorrect
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
I guess you can use the first configuration and reverse the steppers (from driver to stepper)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Reverse setting is meant to get your axis moving the correct way in relation to conventional plus and minus directions. That should be correct with the keys on the keyboard unless you have changed them.
To Tell Mach to home the opposite way it is the Home Negative setting you need to change.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »
Fantastic!!!! That worked very well. Many thanks.