Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:37 PM

Author Topic: Profile and Probe question  (Read 3968 times)

Profile and Probe question
« on: April 09, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »
I have had Mach 3 running well for a long time in  metric mode on Parallel Port1. I have now created another profile using Parallel Port 2 but this time running a small router in imperial mode. So far so good. Everything seems to work perfectly well except I can't get the Z Probe routine, currently working well in metric via the Auto Tool Zero button to work in each profile. The two routines are obviously different in the two profiles but as soon as a new VB script is written for the new profile it immediately appears on the older profile & vice versa. I had assumed that as each 'Hiddenscript' would be saved in the macro directory of each profile they would remain separate but this is not the case. I hope this 'fault' explanation is clear and hope that someone can shed some light on this problem - how I might get round it. What am I missing....?

Many thanks

Tumbletown

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Profile and Probe question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
If the script is in a button you will need to open the screenset in Screen4 or MachScreen and save as another name. Then you can load it from the view menu in Mach and then change the button script.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »
Ah brilliant idea. I'd been in to Screenset to try and change the button but hadn't thought of renaming the whole screen set. Sounds just the ticket. I'll try it on Sat morning - thanks
Tumbletown

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
best bet is to rename twice, one for each profile you use, that way when you update Mach your screens will not get overwritten by the standard screen.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:03:09 AM »
Good idea. You will be pleased to hear that your suggestion of re-naming the screens works perfectly! There is no interaction now between the VB code on the screens. For some inexplicable reason though when I tell the Z axis to raise up one inch after the probe touch (Code G20 Z1 F10) it only goes up about 0.3 inch! Motor steps are right as axis moves perfectly the right amount in either Jog or programme. On the metric mill G21 Z5 F80 raises the Z axis 5mm as it's supposed to. Bit of exploratory work for a sunny Saturday morning!Scratching my head about this but thanks for your help on getting over the first hurdle

Tumbletown

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:30:55 AM »
Is it going to 1 in the Z DRO?
If you are wanting it to raise 1 inch from where ever you are you will need to do an incremental move (G91)

Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:35:43 AM »
I was just going to send you a reply. Yes the DRO went to 1 inch that's why I couldn't understand it. I've found it - it dawned on me -  I'm an idiot - too much red wine last night! I put the thickness of the plate in at 0.65in instead of .065. It was doing what I told it to do.....!!!!
 Time for a coffee and thanks VERY much for your help

T

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 06:40:57 AM »
;D well its not often I can help with G Code as I am crap at it ;D

Hood
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 06:51:34 AM »
You're certainly not crap at Screen problems - I know where to come in future......... :)
Thanks T