Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:08 PM

Author Topic: when changing screens causes axis errors  (Read 3553 times)

when changing screens causes axis errors
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »
Can anyone help? when i'm running a proven good program if i change from the "program run" screen to the "toolpath" screen some how the x and y axis will either gain or loose anywhere from .005 to .010 it only happens when switching views. i'm running a desktop pc with windows xp. i know the easiest solution is "if it screws up when i do that, just don't do that." , but it would be nice to view other screens when the program runs. thanks in advance for any help.
Re: when changing screens causes axis errors
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
When you say that change their value, does this affect the toolpath result or is it just a rounding issue on the dros?
What happens if you return to the run screen? The values remain changed or they return to the previous values?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »
Get a faster PC.

Mine misses steps when I change screens too, so I don't change screens.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:03:57 PM »
when i change screens it actually changes the toolpath. if it just changed the values i probably wouldn't have noticed. i'm not sure but i think it changes a little each time i change screens.  does anyone know of a fix?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »
thanks ger21, will a faster pc do the trick? i missed that when reading your reply the first time.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:05 AM »
You should not really change screens when code is running even with a fast PC, this is the due to the way the graphics are drawn in Mach. Rev4 of Mach which will be released at some point is totally different and you will not have this problem but until then just dont change screens when code is running.
Hood