Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:57:52 PM

Author Topic: Triac spindle drive  (Read 2658 times)

Triac spindle drive
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
Those following my threads know that HOOD has been helping my solve problems replacing my old Denford Triac Mill electronics. I'm on the final bit, the spindle drive. Anyone help, the spindle motor is a Lenze 0.75kw 180v motor and the drive unit is a LYNX 08 all 1990 electronics. The problem is I have purchase a spindle drive card that fits into a system 1 breakout supplied by Roy at DIYCNC there is a 12v relay connection on this board that energises the lynx unit. Unfortunatley Denford electronic diagrams never follow the correct colour coding so I'm struggling to make sense of the wiring. I konw I have to energise the relay then pulse the LYNX system to rotoate the spindle. Can anyone help with how to wire the unit up. As mentioned in previous threads if it aint covered in oil or grease I don't understand how it works. So can you keep it simple so that an old engineer like me understands.
Re: Triac spindle drive
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:22 AM »
OK sorted, simple only needed 4 connection thanks to the spindle drive card supplied by DIYCNC, cheers Roy