Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 11:49:46 PM

Author Topic: Tell me about this macro please!  (Read 7059 times)

Re: Tell me about this macro please!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
OK

I have re-written parts of it and run it in simulation and it works now.

There was a syntax error with an unterminated If statement and a couple of other little glitches.
(I have taken out the G53 move before the toolchange, you will need to have the lathe carriages in a safe position before the change, use G28 or similar until you are happy with what you are doing and can reinstate it if you wish)

Rename it M6Start.m1s and install it in your profile macro folder.
Run it from MDI not VB window

If it does not work I need to know exactly the message on the error message line, not a paraphrase of it.

It works perfectly in my simulated set up. I can see the axes change value as I select different tools based on my tool table offsets.

regards

ArcEye

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about this macro please!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »
ArcEye, I had built a profile based on a mill profile accidentally. You have to be very careful when creating a turn profile as it sometimes chooses the mill default even when the turn was highlighted. It actually took me 5 times of selecting to "create profile" with Mach3Turn highlighted each time. My issue with the VB had been due to my reading about a macropump. I think I am over that now anyway. I have learned a bit more about where a macro was to be installed and I think that was part of my issue also. I cant thank you enough and I will try this macro this weekend probably.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)