Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 04:13:31 AM

Author Topic: Cutting order  (Read 8252 times)

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Cutting order
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »
I can't understand how to change the cut order.

If there are a lot of objects and I want to change manually the cutting order, how I have to do?

Thanks
Faby
Re: Cutting order
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 03:13:11 AM »
Faby. thats a fast  machine!
For me the easiest way was to alter the cut order in the cam software, under 'object properties or it's equivalent.
I know you're familiar with G code, so this may not be the easiest method for you.

Jim

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:57:30 AM »
I asked for it because I tried with Lazycam to change the "cutting order" property... but nothing change.
Maybe I miss something.

Thanks
Faby
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:51:02 AM »
That's one for the Lazycam people then Faby, sorry I can't help.

Jim
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »
In order to change cuting order, you need to put each different order item on a different layer. Then you can select the cut order directly and positively. If two items are on the same layer, they will cut in whatever order the program wants to. You can sometimes affect the order by altering the starting point.
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:25:57 PM »
This is about to get fixed... I have to add in code that will give me better control over the order that the chains will be cut :) So at the same time I will try to get that fixed for you

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:30:58 AM »
cool...
If you have to write a brand new code, I have an idea.
In cnc software that I'm using, there's a "renumber" button, so you can change the cutting order simply by select the chain one by one in the desired order.
I find it easy.

Faby

Offline MarkR

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 12:21:28 PM »
WOW! This was the one question I thought I would have to ask... Newbie to the whole process, as I just completed my 3 axis mill from scratch, and I am now trying to learn the process of creating stuff with the software. I have a control horn I am trying to design and LC seems to drill the holes in various orders when it would be more efficient to drill the holes in a straight line.

Also, just a heads up Brian: I might be doing something wrong, but the holes I am drilling in the part are .0625. I have one hole that is 0.1575. When I set the 'Max circle to make into a point' to .0625, ALL of the holes on the horn become points. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Then when I try to change or undo the size change, it pops an 'invalid argument' dialoge box.

BTW, I played around with v1.0 and the current version ROCKS. Thanks!! This one program is a big reason why I am buying Mach 3...
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »
Sounds like a bug to me :( ... It is on the list

it is going to take a bit to fix it as I have a TON of work that I have to do :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline MarkR

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:18:21 AM »
Thanks Brian! At least I know it isn't me, which was keenly suspect in this episode  :)

Regardless, I think this version is LOADS better and is a great help in making the process simpler for us that are G-Code amateurs...

Mark