Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:56:13 PM

Author Topic: Homing Switches have me baffled (again!)  (Read 9968 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Switches have me baffled (again!)
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 04:10:25 PM »
Only other reason I could see for it is if you have a brain or a macropump triggering the home switch inputs.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
I changed the switches to a different input (port 1, pin13), with no change in their behavior...

In Config/General Config the "Run Macro Pump" is unchecked. I've never used brains (if I had any brains at all, I'd forget about this CNC stuff and stick to flying motorless airplanes! ;D), so I don't know how to check and see if there are running...

ventuseu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »
I doubt there will be any running if you dont use them but you can check from the Operator menu then Brain Control. You will see a list of any Brains you have and as you click on them you will see if they are enabled.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 05:30:20 PM »
Thanks. There are no brains listed...

One last check before I give up for the weekend: I disabled all the inputs except a single axis limit switch (assigned to the same port/pin as the home switch). I get the "Limit Switch active" error message regardless of whether it is set active high or low. However, when it is active low, no LED is lit. When it is active high, the limit LED is steady yellow. Is it likely that this "no flashing" condition is caused by the fact Mach can't reset because it thinks its on the limit switch?

Thanks,

ventuseu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
Do you still have the E-Stop connected as you are unable to disable it in Mach so if you have it disconnected you will need to change the active low setting.

Ok how about a quick test, make a new profile but only set up the home switches in that profile and see what happens.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
Problem Solved!

I reloaded the BOB plug-ins (which I should have done after the Mach reinstall), and everything works fine.

Thanks Hood and Jeff, for getting me pointed in the right direction (i.e., that is was not a Mach problem, but BOB related).

My weekend is looking a lot better...

Thanks again,

ventuseu

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
Didnt know there was such a thing as a BOB plugin, what make of BOB is it?
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
Oh, you have one of those PMDX 'port expanding' BOBs? Hood, they work by multiplexing the available input lines between two different physical inputs. Not ideal for 'real time' inputs like limits I think...
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »
Hood & Jeff,

I'm using the Candcnc package of BOB and three other boards (their nomenclature is MTA100, Universal Breakout Board, Power Supply Board, and Table I/O Board) retrofitted into an old Dyna 2800 mill. They provide plug-ins for several configurations, including a pendant control.

When all is said and done, I've discovered that the Candcnc MPG plug-in interferes in some way with a couple of the Newfangled Wizards - specifically, it prevents data entry into the DRO's of the Circular Pocket wizard, and trying to solve that problem is what started this whole circus in the first place. By disabling all the plug-ins except the UBOB, everything works as intended.

I'll post a more detailed summary on the Newfangled subforum sometime this weekend...

As an aside, I've been quite pleased with Candcnc package. It has performed well, and made retrofitting a modern control system into a 20 year old machine a relatively painless job.

Thanks again,

ventuseu
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »
Hood & Jeff,

As an aside, I've been quite pleased with Candcnc package. It has performed well, and made retrofitting a modern control system into a 20 year old machine a relatively painless job.

Thanks again,

ventuseu

Not for Hood & Jeff  ;D ;D ;D
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable