Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:29:32 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 and Burny 3  (Read 3827 times)

Mach 3 and Burny 3
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:06:36 PM »
Hi,

Ive just been offered the box that goes under a burny 3 controller with the servo drive cards in and all the buttons on the front, i presume it has input and ouput cards as well, my question is can mach interface with this using step / direction or does it work on a bus or some needlessly complicated system like that? It would be ideal if i could connect to it since i dont really want the burny 3 but the servo drives would be nice.

Thanks for any help

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 and Burny 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »
I am 99% certain the servo drives will be analogue input so you would need to convert the step/dir from Mach to analogue to use them.
Something like the DSPMC or Kflop would be needed for that, also there is a board called the YAPSC that can do it but not sure how well it works.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »
Thanks hood, you always get straight to the point and seem to know everything!

I presume if the box has input and output cards in it i can just control them from a breakout board using 0-5v signals?

Thanks again

Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
The only Burny control I have see is a bit older than yours and to be honest I havent really inspected it that closely. As far as I can remember it has all of the drives and control in the same box.
Can you post some pics of what you have?
It is unlikely that you are just going to get away with fitting a breakout though as I would imagine that not only the drives will need analogue +-10v but that the control wiring will be 24V..
Hood