Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:55:15 PM

Author Topic: Custom xml and screen installation  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Custom xml and screen installation
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
I was given an xml and screenset that is currently working on a lathe conversion like I am trying to attempt. I dont find any instructions on exactly how to load or apply them.  That being said the above mentioned xml was not for the G540 I am installing in my machine. Gecko has a specific xml. How would I install either 1 into the profile I want to use? Thanks
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Custom xml and screen installation
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
Just rename the xml to the name of the profile you want it then place in the Mach 3 folder.
Screenset you just load via the view menu in Mach
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
Hood thanks but what if the screen I am loading is too big for my screen? When I load my Mach turn the selections of auto, manual, diagnostics, etc is off the screen. My toolbar at the top is fully functional and available but the turn screen itself is too large. Make sense? Btw did you see the even more WEE lathe? I actually tagged it "wee" but it linked it in with kid stuff! Maybe they can help me. You do mean to install the xml in the main Mach folder? Same with the G540 xml I would think?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
General Config page, Auto Enlarge is the setting you want, will need to restart Mach for it to take affect.
Yes place the xml in the main folder and either start via the Mach loader or edit your desktop shortcut to point to your profile
Will have a look at your vids in a bit.

Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
I tried the auto enlarge last night and it didnt seem to change anything. I did restart Mach after I checked the box and I selected save settings before I closed Mach. Since the screen is a custom screen would the resolution be specific to the xml? The person who made the screen is running the same 15" ELO touch screen that I am using.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »
The auto enlarge should work but probably you will need to have the resolution of your monitor set to 1024 x 768

If you want to attach or email the xml and screen to me I can have a look.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
Hood, it truly is a small world. It doesnt matter which forum I go toYoutube, Mach or Cnc zone you pop up with the answer. I cant thank you enough. I am curious of a few things. Either all of your machining goes as planned and its boring in the shop so you answer all of us helpless souls. Your incarcerated and have access to the net and or youtube. Cmon give up the secret! How? Thank You. The xml that I want to configure is the G540 not the 1 I was given as that was for a different gecko set up  ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »
Just have internet at my workshop and at home so can have a look whilst I am messing with other things, for example I am in the middle of wiring up a cable for a smart encoder for the servo I intend to put onto the Bridgeports spindle :)

So are you sorted or......?

Hood
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:35:25 PM by Hood »
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
I am in the middle of wiring up a cable for a smart encoder for the servo I intent to put onto the Bridgeports spindle :)

Hood

You haven't mentioned how many Kw the spindle motor has. ;D

Blakey
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
No but I was going to call the encoder Phil until I discovered it was only a smart encoder and not a smart arse one ;D

Hood