Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:35:58 AM

Author Topic: JetCAM  (Read 22769 times)

JetCAM
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »
I am having trouble wiht JetCAM.  The screen looks great in JetCAM, but when I open it in Mach3, then all the buttons are doubled!  They show up side by side to each other.  Any ideas?

ynneb

Re: JetCAM
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 06:42:35 AM »
Can i suggest you ask the question again in this thread http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=1258.0 since Stan is already subscribed to it and will see a notification and will then be able to help you.

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:00:31 AM »
mdash,

It appears that you may be using an older version of MACH 3.
Or you have not supplied MACH with the correct files as explained in the manual (although I doubt that).
Or perhaps an option needs to be enabled in MACH 3,  but I can't say which (if any).
Or changes in the latest version(s) of MACH 3 may be causing the problem.
I dont have enough information to determine the exact cause of the problem.
Art has received sample screen files generated by the Jetcam Mach Screen Editor,  and the buttons do display correctly.

Kindest Regards

Stan
Download JetCam screen designer from
http://files.jetcam.net/stan/mach/
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:48 PM »
I am very interested in trying the JetCam screen designer (beta version). I did a little exploration of the interface and felt that it was very intuitive and the Undo seems to be unlimited (very very useful feature). But then the bad news: loaded a pristine 1024.set screen set; screen 1 did not look right. Several LEDs appear to be on top of the buttons they are supposed to surround (like Zero X Zero Y etc.). As a test, I did nothing other than open 1024.set and then save it as Bobs1024.set. When I run Mach3 and open Bobs1024.set, screen 1 does not look right (looks like screen 1 when 1024.set was loaded into JetCam). At least that's consistent. But the Zero X button is covered by a green LED (normally should be red surround). If you click on the button, the graphics do appear. There were other things wrong, but I want to keep this simple.

So, I am excited by the potential of this screen designer and very much want to use it, but it appears broken right out of the box.

Offline RandomAccess

•  96 96
  • SubSurface
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:57:32 AM »
Hello Mr Anderson,
Loading original MACH screens into the Jetcam Mach Screen Editor will always result in the layout problems you describe.  Which is why it's better sometimes to only use this editor to design screens from scratch.  However,  the Z-Order commands available in the editor can correct the problems you are seeing very quickly and easily.

There still exist some major compatibility problems between MACH 3 and my screen editor.  The problems are caused more due to design philosophy rather than programming error etc.

MACH 3 screen files do not contain a logical ordering of components as far as I could tell.  The MACH 3 software seems to automatically "sort" screen items based on size and position when a screen is loaded.  My editor does not do this as this is in my opinion an incorrect approach to storing screen file information.

MACH 3 also does NOT store the screen size inside .Set files.  This is why users have so much trouble working with and updating MACH screens in ALL available editors.  The MACH 3 software basically automatically calculates and automatically scales screens stored in .Set files when they are loaded.  This makes it extremely difficult for ANY external screen editor program to correctly represent a native MACH 3 screen.

To compensate for this problem,  my editor always stores an "editing" version of the screen data to gaurentee the screen can be correctly loaded and edited at all times.  Actual MACH screen files are "generated" as a separate process (described in the help file).

Regards

Stan
Download JetCam screen designer from
http://files.jetcam.net/stan/mach/
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Hi Stan
I have been trying to download the Jetcam designer but the "mach" directory pointed to in your link is empty.
I'd appreciate some help
Many thanks
Derek

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:54:25 PM »
Hey Stan, Hows it going? Any updates?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »
Hi Stan, where i can download the Jetcam editor ? I would like to try it, but the link at the ned of your post is empty.
Thank you

Lele

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
I hope to upload a new screen soon !
Bye

Lele