Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:10:09 AM

Author Topic: My ShuttleRu pendant  (Read 24804 times)

Re: My ShuttleRu pendant
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »
I send you on e-mail.
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »
Has anyone used one of these? I am ready to buy one but would like some input from someone who bought one.
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
Has anyone used one of these? I am ready to buy one but would like some input from someone who bought one.

I bought one and sent it back as there was too much "lag" in the shuttle dial control as compared to the original Shuttle Pro 2. Andrey said it could not be fixed and to get a refund I needed to send it back. I asked for a discount but he did not want to work that out and insisted I send it back.

Had to send it back on my dime which I was not thrilled about since it was described as working just like the original Shuttle Pro.

Live and learn....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
Thanks for the input, guess I will keep looking.
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
Well, as usual the evil is in details. budman68 received the pendant with the LCD screen at the middle of January 2011 and insisted to buy it after a month of testing. During test period no issues were reported, but they appeared almost immediately right after payment has occurred. Weird coincidence... Speaking about technical details. The pendant with the LCD screen (much more advanced than the ShuttlePro) receives a lot of information via USB and in some cases it causes a small reaction delay on the outer ring rotation, but it doesn't make a real impact on the functionality. This doesn't look like a hardware flaw, but a plugin issue and we are working on this. Since budman68 was not satisfied, I fully refunded him even before I received a pendant back.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
I will not get into an argument here, and this will be the last time I post on this subject as I know it's frowned upon to badmouth sellers/vendors on this forum.

I do have to say that I left no information out in my post and it is all true to the relevency to Astroguy's question. No details hidden as Andrey even confirmed that there is an issue with this pendant/plugin (not sure which yet, and it's been how long?).

Again, I must repeat: I was told this worked exactly like the Shuttle Pro 2 Pendant so I should feel confident in thinking it would. IT DID NOT.

If anyone would like any info, I would be happy to relay it to them via emails or PM's as I have nothing to hide and I will not be a part of a @#$%-storm here.

I could have come on here on my own and started a thread about this situation, but again, I know the higher ups don't like that being done.

I even helped Andrey sort out some flaws in his pendant and plugin and this is how I'm treated.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »
I  wish to see only technical discussion in this topic, though, unfortunately, it didn't happen. Since some incorrect statements were made just above, I must make some clarification. The ShuttleRU_LCD is a different device and doesn't work exactly as a ShuttlePro, though it uses an extended ShuttlePro plugin. I don't know where it came from about exact behavior. There was only one question/requirement from Dave during testing period - changing color of the A-axis. It was a software glitch, not a hardware, and was fixed. I was thankful to Dave for his help with description of his experience and it was really unexpected to see this kind of his reply here.
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
The new plugin version #4 for the ShuttleRU_LCD has been released and the issue with the dial control "lag" has been resolved. For those of you who want to see pendant behavior with the old and new plugin - here is a short video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnx48gEYd2Q
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
Andrey67, I think you found your calling.

You say that's not your regular job, but I think you just created a full
time company for yourself.

It's the nicest pendant available for the price, heck for twice the price.

I think you should go for it full steam and sell these to every small
shop and DIY CNC'r in the world. Could make you pretty wealthy.

Good luck,

I'm saving my pennies and asking Santa for one too.
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »