Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:36:04 PM

Author Topic: lathe threading problem - ghost trigger  (Read 11337 times)

Re: lathe threading problem - ghost trigger
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
Er, if I disable the index, the thread routine does hang as expected. If I map it to an input, any input, it functions as if it's getting a signal. It makes no sense to me that I can map the index and estop signals to the same input, and get an index signal without also getting an estop signal.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »
Try the attached xml to do a dry run. Disconnect any connections from the controller, bob,  from the computer.
Then run a threading code. I use ver 033 and with the attached xml and a G76 code output from the threading wizard
the program will not run any further than the G76  becasue it is waiting for an index pulse.

I have changed the index Estop to emulated and left the pin out alone. Even if the E stop is not emulated the program stops
at the g76 code line.

RICH

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:22:37 PM by RICH »
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
It doesn't stop at the g76 line. I just disconnected the PP and loaded your XML...

Do I have a bad installation or something? When I went to 033, I uninstalled and deleted everything Mach3 related on the drive, then install 033. I reconfigured all the inputs manually rather than using an existing file. However, I did copy the wizards from the original installation.

I can give you a remote desktop connection if you're willing. With the PP disconnected, nothing can move and get broken :)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 02:38:16 PM »
do you use skype?
RICH
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
No, sorry. I've set it up for others, but never got around to getting a mic for myself...

I don't have a problem calling, though. It's free for me anywhere but Asia...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:43:36 PM by flenser »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
Do I have a bad installation

Well that's what i was kind of thinking. If you don't anything connected that would send any signals to Mach, then it should stop at that
g76 line, yes there will be simulated preliminary moves, but it should not go any further than the call for threading.
You had other versions installed before 033. So the pc could be using a wrong driver, or if you have multiple installations, it could be taking the first exe it finds....etc.   I always do a computer search for any  MACH.exe or sys and delete all of them the search finds and
then do a reinstall. But that's just what i do.   SO could be, but i didn't want to tell you to go through a new installation and clean out the PC  for no reason.

I will send you a PM and we can have a quick call and discuss.
RICH
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:54:08 PM by RICH »
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
That fixed it. The last time I uninstalled everything I must not have deleted that rogue mach.sys driver. I deleted that, uninstalled Mach and deleted the folder, then restarted just for good measure. The new installation stops on the g76 line like it's supposed to. I haven't had time to reconnect the hardware, though. I've used up my play time for today, so I'll work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help. And thanks for the lazyturn tip. Another new toy... it's like Christmas :)

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
I guess the the correct toe was cut off....... ;D
Glad it worked! ;)
RICH
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »
Hmm, I may need to cut off a second toe.... Now it always stops on the g76 line after getting an index pulse. I tried switching to g32 mode, but it does exactly the same thing.

I returned to using the CNC4PC index pulse card, mostly because it produces a nicer wave on the scope. I cut a large, 10 degree, slot just in case there was some sort of read issue that somehow affected the sync pickup and not the RPM DRO. True RPM is very accurate and matches what I see on the scope perfectly. I've tried running as slow as 170RPM and as high as 780RPM with the same result.

There are some old PCS piled in a heap at work. I'm considering grabbing one on the way out tomorrow and trying that to see if there might be something wrong with the PC I'm using now. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm out of ideas.

I also figure I can have the gearbox and lead screw back on the thing in about 30 minutes. I have one part to make for the mill I'm CNCing, and that project has stalled waiting for me to figure out this one "small" threading problem :)

Jeff

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 08:46:24 PM »
Jeff,
Attach you current XML
RICH