Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:13:51 AM

Author Topic: LCAM JUST FOR FUN FILE  (Read 3250 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
LCAM JUST FOR FUN FILE
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »
Ok Folks,
The following is a simple thing and all you want to do is cut the slots out ( offsets required ) using a 0.125" diameter ( nothing else allowed ) end mill and .270" deep.
Keep it as drawn, including the start point, there is nothing wrong with the attached dxf.
It's just four elongated holes in a plate. Sometimes LC just dosen't like something and multiple elongated slots are one of them.
I did get it to work , but it was a challenge......... so heck, i figured it would be something for folks to play with.
HAVE FUN,
RICH

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: LCAM JUST FOR FUN FILE
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:07:56 AM »
Rich

your dxf was crap. time 12 minutes.

bill

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 07:32:33 AM »
bill,
What was wrong with the dxf?
Did you redraw it and with what?
Same dimensions?
I am curiuos as it was only drawn about 30 different times and ways using different commands and different versions of
Autocad and microstation, and saved as a version 12 dxf. And by different people i may add. You can get two of the slots to always offset, sometimes three, but definitely bombs on one or two. I have seen this happen before trying to ofset a slot. It should be easy and straight forward but i am
looking for a reason ( don't know if there is one that can be identified).
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
bill,
It's interesting importing the dxf in other programs as it showed some extraneous info on import , namely a box ( which represents
i think where the slots where before they were removed and the box was deleted). So it may be a dxf export problem.
I just saved it via the other programs and then no problem in LC to do the offsets. The "magic wand" syndrom........
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:51:36 AM »
AHH......
It is an AutoCad dxf generation problem...........convinced
I was finaly able to get the culprit to show.......seems when the dxf is created and lines / paper space / or model space
is clipped away from the slots it will screw up the dxf info.....i am thinking
Thanks bill