Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:36:42 AM

Author Topic: RPM connection help  (Read 6346 times)

RPM connection help
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »
I would like to fit a RPM sensor to my mill, but I do not know where to connect it to the C11G Parallel Interface Board. I have used pin 15 for a probe so I have no more spare input pins. Is it possible to connect X and Y Limit to the same input, say pin 11 then giving me a free input pin 12?

Thanks
sivtek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: RPM connection help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »
Yes, if you wire the limits in series and they are normally closed switches.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Yes, but how? I have joint the wires no. 5 and 12 (or the actual wires labeled 51 and 12) on the terminals of the outbrake board. This should put the X and Y limit switches in series?
But when I activate the limit switches the X works OK but on the Diagnostics Screen 2 lines light up. Should be only 1.
When I activate Y no lights. When homing it`s OK in the X direction but in the Y direction the table hit the switch and stay there. The red "Emergency" light and I have to manually move the table of the switch.
What is I doing wrong?
Sivtek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
If you have all limits connected to a single input then all of the LEDs on the diagnostics page will light up, that is normal. From the sounds of it your wiring is not correct, the wires should run from the Input through each switch in turn and eventually end up back at the BOB. See the pic below, the top one shows how I suspect you were originally connected, the bottom one is how you need to connect to share one Input.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 04:21:41 AM »
Hm, not quit sure. The all light  I agree with, but not sure about the connections. I think my connection should bee OK.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 04:39:11 AM »
Yes, that should work fine as power is coming from 5v and going through all switches before ending up at Input 11.
 Can you attach your xml and I will have a look in it.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »
Thanks. Here is my file

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
XML looks fine.
I cant understand why they are not working if you have them wired as you have in the diagram, please double check that they are.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:01 AM »
Neither can I, have checked and checked and......but can`t find anything wrong with my wiring. I have assumed that the wires goes straight from the switches to the board, but now I am not sure.
When I activate the X switch the reed LED on the board at connection 11 lights, when activate Y the LED at 10 lights and when activating STOP 10 lights up as well. So there must bee something going on between STOP and Y.
I have now connected up to original and all works fine, so I have at least not destroyed anything.
(Will have to investigate the run of the wires from switches to the board?)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
Think I have solved the mystery. I followed the wires and found that they do go direct to the board, but Y and STOP was wrongly connected to the board, (from the manufacturer), the no 5 and 51 (5v) was switched.
Now everything runs almost as it should, but when I am "homing" some times it get stuck on the switch other times it comes of as it should - (maybe that's the "wrong" connection from the manufactures).
Thanks Scott for all yours help.