Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:12:11 AM

Author Topic: re: Verify Button  (Read 4021 times)

re: Verify Button
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
I have been trying to figure out how the verify button works and what it should do? i looked in the documentation not much help can someone offer a explanation as to how it works and what the results should be from using it .

Thank You Woffler :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: re: Verify Button
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
What should happen is your axis will move to the home switches and then Mach will display any error in position from the last time you referenced the machine.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:23 AM »
Be advised though. All axis's move at the same time requiring separate HOME inputs for each axis.
If you have your switches in series, you have to verify them individually by jogging the axis you want to verify nearer to it's switch than the others so it will trigger first.
Russ
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:35 AM »
It would be nice if it could be changed to where they home individually, like a normal "Ref All" routine so switches in series to 1 input would work.
I would guess that it is "internal".
Russ
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »
Thanks everyone i think i understand , it helped me to do this as i ran a program and when i got the error rate from verify i was way off ,i had my motors running way to slow and i had a huge error rate even though the steps are set correctly .Now i had none on x and none on z axis and came up with a error rate of .0005 on the y axis are these to be the intened rates or am i wrong again! I have never been sure as to how to run those motors properly they are all steppers running gekos.1250 0z on x and y and and a 2250 oz on the z axis two 2:1 timing belt on the z.I have got the steps right for them as i have measured them over a six inch block with a .01 indicator and they come out great with no baclash not sure why the yaxis came out with a .0005 error could be the switch maybe? If any one has any suggestions for me please chime in i am here to learn all i can . Thank You