Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:32 PM

Author Topic: Ports and Pins Baud Rate  (Read 8158 times)

Ports and Pins Baud Rate
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
Sorry but I could not find a reference post on the forums so if this has been answered before I apologize.

I would like to set the Baud Rate to remain at 45000 instead of defaulting back to 9600 after a power outage. Is there anyway to set this in a cfg or ini file within Mach 3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Ports and Pins Baud Rate
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
Are you meaning the Serial  Baud on General Config page? Or are you meaning the Kernel speed on Ports and Pins?
If you have set either and shut down and restarted Mach it should always be at that, if not then check that your xml is not read only, that can happen if you have transferred the files over from a CD.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
Sorry, should have used the correct words.

Ports and Pins - Kernel Speed

Yes it does remember the setting under normal start up and shut down but if I have a power outage the Kernel Speed reverts back to the 9600 rate even though I may have had a 100 normal startups and shutdown of the program. There may be times I come in and start up the system, get called out and come back in, the system is up and in the same state I left it, blank, but while I was gone there was a power interupt that may have only lasted a couple seconds but the system as rebooted and the Kernel speed has reset to 9600 instead of what I had it set to.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
The lowest the kernel can be is 25KHz so dont know how you are seeing 9600 and I dont know how it can be resetting if you have a power failure because the xml file is only written to when Mach closes properly.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 02:08:38 PM »
Hood,

I have a part milling atm, sometimes I get a number in my head but at the moment I can't check it. When I went back after your first post I just looked at the nameing and not the rate, then started the next path up. Kernal Speed has 3 options, my drives use the 45,000 but being in Florida I am subject to frequent power outages. When I do get a power outage the Kernel Speed does reset to the lowest value, can't explain it, I do have to go back in and correct it to the right variable each time this happens. If I dont the behavior in the drives give a less than stellar performance when cutting.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
You must be using a very old version of Mach if you only have three kernel speeds, maybe time for an upgrade?
I am just going to try and simulate this by pulling the power on my computer, will report back and see if it resets to 25KHz.
If however it does you should be getting a warning message when you press the Reset button, the message will say something like Motors Tuned Too Fast for Kernel.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 02:29:44 PM »
Mach 3 Version D1.90.073

I guess I would have to look at my equipment manufacturer to see if it can be upgraded without causing issues with the router and their current config screens.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
Well opened Mach, kernel was at 45KHz, pulled the power on the computer, booted up and started Mach and Kernel is still 45KHz.
Have a look at the name the licence is registered to and make sure its not a Papa Fabio version you have as I think one problem with that is the kernel does weird resets.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
Papa Fabio?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
It was a widely used pirated version of Mach and a lot of people have bought machines complete with Mach and not realised that they have a pirated copy.
Hood