Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:07:24 AM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 578349 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
I need some help, when I try to start my spindle, the motor starts to turn, but the resey button then starts to flash and I get the message that the EM stop has been activated. I checked and all my setting seem to be ok.
« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
The EM stop is being activated because of the EStop Threshold limit is being reached in the VFD plugin configuration. You can try to raise the number or just leave it blank and that should stop the EStop from being activated.
« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2013, 10:58:57 AM »
Hi!
I'm trying to use the pluggin to control my huanyang VFD 1.5kw and spindle from Mach3. Here's my problem, I followed all the instruction and my spindle runs up to 200rpm listed 3.33 rotations per second on my vfd display. more than that and I get an E/stop and 'driver watchdog trigered' message.
Can anyone help?

Also if I go to the 'spindle callibration' menu I can't control the spindle and it doesn't recognize when the spindle is running!

by the way thanks for all the great posts
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2013, 01:27:59 PM »
The file to Matty Zee so one can only regulate the g-code S8000 to S24000

Wish it could have been fixed to the S3000 to S24000

Who can fix it, assume it is info in the file (HuanyangVFD.dll)

Offline vre

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2014, 05:14:37 AM »
I got a Huanyang SL-440EE 380V 4KW and some componets are missing.
I have marked the the missing components with red color in photos.
I know in 1 photo that the missing ic is a max485 but what are doing the other missing parts ?
Also what doing the missing components in 2 photo ?
thanks.
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
Mark,
Did you ever find an answer to this?  I experience the same issue.  Pressing the reset button turns off the spindle, but if I hit a limit switch for example, mach's reset is flashing but the spindle continues to run.

Richard

Ok my turn for a question.

I've posted this in general Mach also.

When the spindle is under Mach control using the plugin I get the following issue:

If I hit the reset button within Mach it appears to send a M5 command and the spindle stops however if I hit an actual physical estop (that is recognised by mach and sets the reset button flashing), the spindle continues to run.

I am purposely not cutting the power to the VFD when an estop is hit as it is far safer and faster to initiate a controlled stop as opposed to just letting the spindle "idle down".

Am I missing a setting in Mach or elsewhere? Does it do a similar thing on you setup...

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2014, 06:40:23 PM »
Downloaded the plugin, and once I configured the VFD correctly, it worked like a champ!  Spindle talker was a HUGE help to test as well!

Problem I face:  When I click the F5 key to start, it starts.  I click it again and it stops, but clicking it another time it doesn't do anything.  I have to click the reset to engage a E-Stop, and then reset it back to normal before it will accept another spindle engage.  Is this normal?
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »
Nevermind, I wrote a Brain that checks to see if Mach is in Reset AND if the Spindle is on and if so then turn it off.
Initial test show it works fine but I need to do some more testing on it.

Richard

Mark,
Did you ever find an answer to this?  I experience the same issue.  Pressing the reset button turns off the spindle, but if I hit a limit switch for example, mach's reset is flashing but the spindle continues to run.

Richard

Ok my turn for a question.

I've posted this in general Mach also.

When the spindle is under Mach control using the plugin I get the following issue:

If I hit the reset button within Mach it appears to send a M5 command and the spindle stops however if I hit an actual physical estop (that is recognised by mach and sets the reset button flashing), the spindle continues to run.

I am purposely not cutting the power to the VFD when an estop is hit as it is far safer and faster to initiate a controlled stop as opposed to just letting the spindle "idle down".

Am I missing a setting in Mach or elsewhere? Does it do a similar thing on you setup...

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
Super stupid question. I know how to wire from my rs485 converter to my VFD. But do I use a USB cable to connect to my computer? Or do I connect the serial end? My serial connector on my adapter says rs232 so I'm assuming I connect the USB port to my PC. this is the adapter I have. http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/5/1/1/0/9/webimg/349216805_tp.jpg
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2014, 11:59:13 PM »
No, the USB connects to your PC.  The DB9 connector can be RS232 or RS485, depending on what you purchased.  Since your link is nothing more than a picture it's hard to determine what it is.
If it is RS485, then you must pay attention to the pin out of the DB9.  It can be RS422/RS485 which means you need to follow the instructions to use it on 485.  Mainly the Data + and Data - or A & B.  There is no standard on how exactly it should be labeled.

Richard

Super stupid question. I know how to wire from my rs485 converter to my VFD. But do I use a USB cable to connect to my computer? Or do I connect the serial end? My serial connector on my adapter says rs232 so I'm assuming I connect the USB port to my PC. this is the adapter I have. http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/3/5/1/1/0/9/webimg/349216805_tp.jpg