Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:37:26 PM

Author Topic: Huanyang VFD controller plugin  (Read 578443 times)

Re: Huanyang VFD controller plugin
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »
I don't know much about Mach3 (new user) but afaik the adress for Spindle RPM is 39? I have used the screen editor to look at the # and both the 1024 and machstdmill screens have the same # (39). Is that what I should put in the plugin??

Best regards /L
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:38 PM »
I did try changing the DRO addresses but for some reason they always revert back to 1001 and 1002.
So it looks like something is not right.

My Spindle is working well and the VFD displays the speed I request in Mach3 except when I request the minimum speed, 6000 RPM in my case, it always displays 6600 RPM. ???
I just am also having problems displaying the reported speed from the VFD in a DRO as are others it seems.
Has anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

John
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:01 AM »
I can't change the DRO in the plugin either. But if I use a screen editor and change the DRO in the RPM field to "1002", IT WORKS!!! So happy!
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2011, 04:48:41 AM »
DrLove,
Thanks for that, I will give that a try.
John
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
Here is a 1024 Screen Set in which I modified / added the RPM and AMPS DRO's to the Program Run and MDI screens.
I have tested them and they seem to work OK.

John
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »
Update and an issue.  Good news is that VFD is working great as it should.  I had some one way communication problems which mysteriously went away and it has been solid since.
Now warning:  When I first took the unit apart to see what the IGBT par number was I fatigued the capacitor bank connecting wire which later burned off and I am surprised that the unit survived.  It actually ran for a while and then started sparking, shut off and went into error mode anytime I tried powering it.  The connecting wire is a solid copper wire which must have been fatigued cause I was careful.  Anyway, replaced it with a multi-strand wire and things are good.

I also installed the Q23 IGBT but while doing so I realized that my unit is missing the opto as others have reported, so I'll have to get that and give it a try.

I do have another problem that I don't know how to troubleshoot I thought maybe it is VFD related. 
I milled few parts yesterday with VFD without any issues, it is nice to have automatic spindle control, set the speed turns it on and off; less stuff to remember.  Today I wanted to try taping cycles and ran into a problem. I'm air cutting, the tap goes down properly, at the bottom spindle stops, tap comes up some fixed height, spindle starts up in reverse direction mach waits for the spindle to spin-up and this is where the stepper on the z-axis starts buzzing and sits in one spot as if it was mechanically blocked.  I am completely stumped. 
This is what I have done so far in trying to troubleshoot the problem.
Disabled VFD plug-in and run the program with spindle at standstill, the z-axis goes up and down as expected.  It seems that running the motor in reverse somehow corrupts stepper drive. It sort of behaves like stepper gets both forward and reverse signals.
Is this VFD noise getting into my stepper drives?
I also tried shielding the VFD to motor cable and the VFD it self, also added ferrite clamp to the drive powwr line without any difference.
Is there any way that MACH is issuing wrong command to the stepper drive when the plug-in is enabled?
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Sinij kot,

It sounds like to me you are getting noise in your system.  It almost sounds like the signal lead controlling direction is getting interference so it bounces around and gets confused which way to go.  What can I do?  How are you connected to the VFD?  If you are connected with a USB cable you need to loop the USB cable to the RS485 converter through a couple of ferrit cores.  You can sometimes find USB cables with the removeable cores and just move them to your cable.  I have many strange things going on in my Servo system and it seemed to be working but sometimes a request to change speed or something would crash my system and suddenly MACH would be into estop.  This all completely disappeared as soon as I added a couple of those ferrit cores to the USB cable right as it enters the computer.

If you do not have a shielded printer cable going to your breakout card that is another area you can get interference very easy.  I had a monitor power cable a couple of inches away from the parallel cable and it took me hours to figure out what the heck was wrong.  Moving the AC line made it all work again. 

Hope this helps.

Russ
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »
Russ, I like your suggestion abut parallel port cable.  I'll put a ferrite clamp on that and see how it does.

BTW I'm using serial port into a borrowed opto-isolated RS485 converter, I will be switching to the USB type soon for cost reasons.  I don't think VFD control is the problem it communicates just fine, I would say it is the VFD noise getting back into the drive system.  A parallel port noise would explain what I'm seeing.
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:37 PM »
Sinij kot,

Another thought in addition to the parallel port cable.  Do you have an EMI filter on the power coming into the VFD.  The 220V line single phase that is feeding the VFD can cause all kinds of noise.  If you put an EMI filter right before it enters the VFD you can remove a great deal of noise that will tend to get into everything. 

If your parallel cable is picking up noise then you can try moving it as far away as possible from all AC type noise and see if things improve.  This would help determine if your on the right track.

Russ
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2011, 03:03:57 AM »
Hi,
I'm the author of MachStdMill (MSM) - here's some info:
MSM uses DRO 39 as does the 1024 screen set - that is the DRO mach updates with the true spindle RPM.
DRO 39 is updated by Mach - neither MSM nor 1024 have a hand in determining the DRO value. it's just on a page and mach updates it's value as mach does all the other DROs.

With the plug-in my impression is that the RPM data comes from the VFD and the plug-in then displays it in a user DRO (at least that's what the plug-in manual seems to imply to me).

Does the author of the Plug-in hang around here?
I'd be happy to talk with him as to what his plug-in is doing etc.
If the plug-in will route the RPM data from the VFD to DRO 39, then I'd think all would be well.

Dave

I don't know much about Mach3 (new user) but afaik the adress for Spindle RPM is 39? I have used the screen editor to look at the # and both the 1024 and machstdmill screens have the same # (39). Is that what I should put in the plugin??

Best regards /L
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:14:03 AM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com