Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:10:41 PM

Author Topic: Regen Command on Lathe  (Read 4220 times)

Regen Command on Lathe
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »
What does the Regen commmand on the Manual Screen of Lathe do? Can anybody point to where it is documented? Nothing in the index that I can find. I clicked on it and after that my Axis DRO went a bit haywire. When I told it to jog .10 it showed a jog of from .155 to .165. I don't know if there was a connection, it is the only thing I can think of to explain why jogging suddenly became erratic.
Re: Regen Command on Lathe
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:33:41 PM »
What does the Regen commmand on the Manual Screen of Lathe do? Can anybody point to where it is documented? Nothing in the index that I can find. I clicked on it and after that my Axis DRO went a bit haywire. When I told it to jog .10 it showed a jog of from .155 to .165. I don't know if there was a connection, it is the only thing I can think of to explain why jogging suddenly became erratic.

Download the lathe manual, type regen in the search box all will be revealed  ;D

Lots to read and take in

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »
Phil,

Thanks for that suggestion. Stupidly I did not realize you can do searches in Adobe. However, when I searched on "regen" it came back saying nothing found. I believe there was a comment about  this button in one of the videos, but I don't want to watch the whole video hoping this subject might pop up. Anybody have an idea where I should look? Frank
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »
FALLen

Definitely in the Using Mach3 Turn Manual available from SUPPORT/DOWNLOADS ver 1.84  ???

I know that because i searched before i posted  ;D

Phil

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:11:41 PM »
Regen will regenerate the toolpath.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
Ok, I did it again and as Phil said I did find the word "Regenerate". I think I asked it to search for whole words only because the word on the screen is "Regen" not "Regenerate". I was thinking I would find the command explained on a Screen description page, but it is actually explained in a section on Editing Code.  So I see what Hood means. This command is specifically related to redrawing the tool path after code has been edited. Thanks for your patience. Frank
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »
Hood is correct in his reply, but you will get answers more quickly if you RTM

Hood is not always here you know  ;D

The manual will also tell you when you should Regen plus a billion and one other things

Then as you get more experienced you will have questions that no one knows the answer to  ;D ;D ;D

I did the search, actually FIND and it found REGEN multiple times

Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:00:31 PM »
Thanks again for your reply. I have RTM several times, so many times, in fact, that their are notes and comments and underlines on many of the pages. Many of the comments are: "Huh?" because it is one of the most vague computer manuals I have every read. A big part of that is, I am sure, my lack of familiarity with machining, but I expect there are a fair number of Mach3 users who are not engineers or machinists.

I opened Turn V1.84 in Adobe again, went to File>Find and typed in "REGEN" in the find window. I made sure case sensitive was unchecked and still found only two instances of this phrase both as I described in my last post.  I am not sure what I am doing differently than you are, but I cannot replicate what you describe. Thanks anyway though. Frank