Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:34:03 AM

Author Topic: re lpt 2 and second breakout board  (Read 4379 times)

re lpt 2 and second breakout board
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
I am trying to configure lpt 2 xp says it is configured and working ok ,i not sure about the port address though? what should it be ? . I am trying to hook up A axis as i already have the spindle hooked to the first break out board and needed the extra outputs for the A Axis . I get power to the board from the port i think i am not getting any step and direction signal as i have motor lockup and a green light on the G203v and i tested all that on another axis plug so i know the motor and driver are working correctly. My configuration is as follows =A axis enabled x for step x for direction  step port 2 direction port 2 and on port set up 0x278 check in box for on and in settings page a axis enabled. I am not sure what i am doing wrong and i just know i have something wrong some i just can not see the forest for the trees.

Thanks to all Dusty ???

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: re lpt 2 and second breakout board
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »
Dusty,
In Windows:
START >CONTROL PANEL
SYSTEM > HARDWARE >DEVICE MANAGER
scroll down to the PORTS, open / expand it, pick the device and right click mouse and look at the properties for that port
click on Resources tab and you will see the address listed for that port

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Ok i found it is resource type   I/O range 1020-1027
                                           I/O range 1028-102F what would i need to change ,Ox278 is in the port address now? it also says it is LPT 2 i am not sure how exactly to enter that would it be OX1020 or something else?

Thanks for helping

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
Just type 1020 in and it should work.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
Problem solved for some reason this card will only configure on LPT 3 i found a little snip it of a review on the card and it said it will only work on three so i changed to that address and it started working. Now you think they would of added that little note in the instructions oh well it works. Thanks to Rich and Hood for there info and helping me get this finished . Now i can try and flute this rifle barrel and get it done.

Thanks to all and God Bless

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
Dusty,
Glad you got it sorted. Post a pick of the fluted barrel.....and hope it dosn't spring on you.
LOL,
 RICH
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
Well i hope it does not spring either sure would be a pain! i have several old shot out barrels that we will be experimenting on first before we go for the .308 barrel we made a muzzle break for a .308 tactical on a AR10 and now they want to flute the barrel, i advised against it as there is really no advantage other than a slightly faster cooling time.But the customer wants what he wants oh well !

Thanks RICH