Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:02:25 PM

Author Topic: auto zero tool  (Read 3806 times)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
auto zero tool
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »
I have been working for a few days not trying to get the K2CNC Z tool height control working.  They sent a macro that will allow me to zero the tool to the table manually then use the tool to set the offset.  I guess that is good but not for me since I always work from the top of my stock as probably most router users do.  I have looked all over here for a macro that would be simple I know the height of the tool it's 1.790 I do not understand the macros so I am not able to sort what macro here will work for me .  All it needs to Do is hit the plate and move up then it would be known that the height is what ever the move up was as well as 1.790 and feed that to the dro. 

Anyone know what macro here might do what I am looking for?  It would save me a lot of time during tool changes to find zero from my stock on the fly.

Norm

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: auto zero tool
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36099

It's a lengthy thread, but I think there are revision to the macro if you read through the thread.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
I have read through it found the last script but I really do not understand it all.  It calls for a plate rather thana  switch and the K2 is a micro switch mounted in a houseing.  I am not sure if that will work or not.   It is set active low so I think it's looking for a connection or is N/O rather than closed. 
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
I have read through it found the last script but I really do not understand it all.  It calls for a plate rather thana  switch and the K2 is a micro switch mounted in a houseing.  I am not sure if that will work or not.   It is set active low so I think it's looking for a connection or is N/O rather than closed. 

The cutter when touched on the plate produces continuity which is the same as a switch when the contacts touch.

If when you connect the probe, the probe pin is lit swap its active high/low setting

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »
Okay, it's not lit in a normal condition I have the probe connected have been trying to use the script supplied by K2 but it does not work for me it wants everyting zeroed to the table not the stock, I have tried several way but each time you MUST do math to figure the location of Z hardly worth using for my application this sounds simple straight forward I will try it tonight.  Thanks,