Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:33:22 PM

Author Topic: shuttle express drivig me crazy!  (Read 5675 times)

shuttle express drivig me crazy!
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:54:21 PM »
Hi, i'm a complete newbie to this forum so please take it easy on me! 

My problem is:
when i download and install the plugin for the Shuttle Express everything appears ok until i try to enable the plugin in the config menu.  I get the error code 9991 followed sometimes by 'error stops timer'.  What the heck is going wrong?  Please help as it's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,
David

p.s - i have no other software installed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: shuttle express drivig me crazy!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
Did you install the drivers for the shuttle? If so un install them.
Other than that I am afraid I dont know, never had one.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Thanks Hood - i have tried that and still things are messed up.  I'm running Mach3 version R2.0.035 which i bought from Routout about 18 months ago.  Maybe i should get the new version, however, i've just got it running the way i want and i don't want to screw things up.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:17:45 PM »
Can you attach your xml and also some code that you are having problems with please.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:07 AM »
as i said - complete newbie - not really computer literate, infact, not really any kind of literate! I've had the machine running perfectly well before now, it's just now that i want to add the Shuttle xpress that i'm having problems.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:26 AM »
The xml file you will fine in C:\Mach3 folder, if you are using the standard mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml, if you made a custom profile it will be the name of that custom profile.
To attach the xml and code you use the additional options button on the reply page, you will probably have to rename the xml before the forum will accept it so if you copy from C:\Mach3 to your desktop and then rename it to pistolknight.xml it should be fine for attaching.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »
just the standard xml used, but i will copy it and post as you said - when the wife/kids allow!
Thanks,
David
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:56:45 AM »
so, i have a problem.  The computer i use for Mach3 has no internet connection and also no cd writer - i will have to borrow a mini drive from work to be able to transfer details of the XML to this computer....bugger me, things are never simple in this house!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »
I have a shuttle pro i believe as Hood said you have installed the drivers.You will have to search out all references to the drivers and the  shuttle and delete them .This can cause all kinds of problems i am trying to remember its been so long ago .I believe i had to uninstall mach 3 reinstall and then do the download from Artsoft to get it to work because parts get stuck in mach and the only way was to uninstall mach and start all over if someone knows a better way please chime in.
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »
Well i think the plugin is designed for the PRO 2 version so that may be a clue as to why it doesn't work.

YOU MUST NOT install any drivers that are supplied with the shuttle.

You do not need to install any plugin as it is supplied & installed by Mach3 by default.

If you have installed the shuttle drivers then you must un install/go to registry and remove all references to the shuttle.

WARNING You need to be very careful playing when around with the registry or you will trash your system.

You will cancel any helpful auto installing the shuttle by cancelling the plug&pray installer and say never try to install this device on those pop-up boxes.

One of the above should fix your problem

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable