Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:05:42 PM

Author Topic: multiple passes  (Read 4904 times)

multiple passes
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:22:20 PM »
HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have loaded a dxf file in LC but the part I am trying to cut is .75 inch thick but I only want to cut .1000 per pass.
How do I do that.

please help

thanks
Re: multiple passes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
When you setup the tool there is a box where you tell how much per pass.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »
kasari,
All in the manual. You select a tool and send to all layers, then there is another one in the layers tab called Cut where you define how deep you want each pass to be will go. The tool only defines the max depth of cut for that particular tool.
See section 8.3.2 & 8.3.4  in the manual.
Take a look through the manual and if you have any problem repost with you questions.
RICH
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:06:30 PM by RICH »
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »
Thank you all for the help.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
kasari,
All in the manual. You select a tool and send to all layers, then there is another one in the layers tab called Cut where you define how deep you want each pass to be. The tool only defines the max depth of cut for that particular tool.
See section 8.3.2 & 8.3.4  in the manual.
Take a look through the manual and if you have any problem repost with you questions.
RICH

Now you have me confused. I have looked at the manual and the only thing i can figure is that in the tool setup you put in the max per pass and in the layers tab in the cut box you put the desired final depth of cut not the depth per pass.

What am i missing?  I'm using V3.00.2

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
Now you have me confused. I have looked at the manual and the only thing i can figure is that in the tool setup you put in the max per pass and in the layers tab in the cut box you put the desired final depth of cut not the depth per pass.

Thank's for correcting me.  :) What ya expect from memory......sorry about that!
I only wrote the manual and i can't read!  ;D
RICH
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »

Thank's for correcting me.  :) What ya expect from memory......sorry about that!
I only wrote the manual and i can't read!  ;D
RICH

Thank god. I thought I was missing something. Thanks RICH!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »
That's why it is important that folks question something when it just dosn't seem correct.
A clarification is easy, but when it involves opinions, well that's a different story.
Nothing is worse than having something wrong  in a manual and some poor soul spends a lot of time trying
to make sense of something wrong.
Appreciated,
RICH