Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:44:42 PM

Author Topic: Normal Condition Button  (Read 7813 times)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
Normal Condition Button
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »
Every time I load Mach that thing flashes yellow I reset it it's okay until I reference all home then back to flashing yellow I reset it this is a vicious circle.  Getting tired of playing the game with that button.  Is there a way to reset that FOREVER? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Normal Condition Button
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »
Yes, open the screenset in Screen4 and delete the bloody thing then save as a different name. Go back into Mach and go to View and Load Screens and choose the renamed one.
Hood

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »
When you first load Mach, the abnormal condition it is referring to is that you haven't homed the machine. (this is assuming you previously clicked the "set normal condition" after homing.)  Just home it out and it should turn green by itself.

If you click "set normal condition" before you home the machine, then a homed machine would be abnormal. The reason why you keep going in circles is because you keep changing the normal parameters from "normal is homed" to "normal is not homed"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:12:53 AM by Sam »
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 11:15:40 AM »
No I actually r4ef all home.  Then I get the yellow flasher reset it to normal.  Next time it's back.  Like a bad penny.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
This Abnormal Condition never used to be in Mach and was only added into Rev3 a while back. It is one of the things that most worries new people as they get frightened of it or like in your case annoyed. Best thing is delete it from the screenset and you wont see it so wont get annoyed, I dont have it on any of my screens and I dont miss it ;)

Hood

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:57:43 PM »
It took me awhile to find screen4 but no more blinky light.  Thank you Hood, that thing was about to drive me nuts.  I am all set now.  Everything seems to be running like it should now.  I have cut at least 12 jobs without a hitch. Only thing was that stupid blinking light and it's gone now.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »
Norm, it may shock you but some people actually like the Abnormal LED, like you however  I dont, but the great thing about Mach is it allows you to choose how you want most things :)

Hood

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 04:27:38 PM »
I really think that we NEED an alternative screenset supplied without this bloody thing >:D
I'll have to hunt out screen 4 and delete it, never thought of that ???

Thanks
Steve

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »
You are so right Hood, It does require though you know a little about Mach that is why this forum is so great.  Wide range of users form new to very experienced so a lot of help here to get the Machine running the way you like.   

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
I really think that we NEED an alternative screenset supplied without this bloody thing >:D

There are about 10 available for download.
http://www.machsupport.com/screens.php
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html