Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:38:13 PM

Author Topic: Trajectory file to plugin Help wanted DSPMC and Smoothstepper  (Read 2607 times)

Offline piv

•  91 91
    • View Profile
Trajectory file to plugin Help wanted DSPMC and Smoothstepper
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:30:57 AM »
Hi All, Im looking for help or advice to get Mach to be able to do true HSM high speed machining. Complex contours from most CAM programs come as a list of close spaced points.  Mach3 does things with this list of points that slows the motion a lot. Modifying the trajectory planner in Mach has wide ranging implications so that is not going to happen. The current thought is to bypass the trajectory planner and have a file of points all at 1ms time separation in a file that can then be transferred directly to the motion device like a DSPMC or smooth stepper.  Ideally it would be a special G code, say G5 that would then instigate the file or points transfer.  I can write a program that takes in a G code file and then when it sees short segment code, it will convert it to a path of points all at 1ms time spacing according to programmed feed rate limits and user adjustable jerk and acceleration and other parameters.  This way trajectory planning is done off line.  I am looking for help as to how to go about getting the plugin going. Problem is the DSPMC pluggin is from Vital Systems and I dont know how it works or if it can be changed. Hopefully they can help but its a big ask. Perhaps another plugin can go between Mach3 and the DSPMC or smooth stepper.

Offline piv

•  91 91
    • View Profile
Re: Trajectory file to plugin Help wanted DSPMC and Smoothstepper
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:10:55 AM »
Just to let you know that Vital Systems (DSPMC) is going to help me out with this. Thanks is advance to Rufi.