Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:13:59 PM

Author Topic: import and export tool table  (Read 12714 times)

vintageracer

import and export tool table
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
I was loading all the tool offsets into the tool table and though that it would be handy to be able to export the tool table in a readable format, like excel, set it all up on the CAM/CAM computer and then just load it back into Mach3.

To complicated?

Timothy
Re: import and export tool table
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
I second this.  What a pain it is to not be able to save off a tool table setup.  Seems like it would be a simple function to add.  Could then also add an option to load a specific default table (like all zeros to avoid those oh sh*t moments where you forgot that the day before you had programmed a funky offset into tool 6 and didn't reset it -- if you could easily save and open the tables then would just pop them in and out with the job).

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:45 AM »
Mach 4 is going to have the option of multiple tool tables or at least Turn is so I would presume Mill will also.
You can easily save a tooltable at the moment just copy the Tools3.dat that is in the macro folder of the profile you are using.
I have also seen  some VB posted which looks at the tooltable and saves to a text file, will see if I can find it if interested.
On my lathe I have a page in my screenset that lists the tool descriptions next to the tool number, that works well for me but you could do similar and display offsets etc if wanted.
Not sure about saving to the tooltable externally but think that could likely be done if you are good enough at VB, you can certainly change the height offsets from G Code but think other offsets will not be working until Mach4.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
You can export out and Import in with a CB macro from inside MACh3.

YOu can also FLush out the tool table with Zeros.

BUT Mach3 has a tool table 254 entries wide just load all the tools you have in the crib and sling chips. I do not know of anyone that has maxed out Mach3's tooltable with logical tooling. I have a lot at 132 tools and IF I cannot make it with those I don't have a machine that will.

IF Hood cannot help you I will dig out the code when I get a spare moment.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:21:59 PM by BR549 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
Not looked for it Terry so if you can post some that would be good. I am sure I made a macro a while back to call from a G Code file so I could easily see tools required for a part but that will be on the lathe and I forgot to look when I was at the workshop earlier.

Turn has only got 99 tools available even though the tool table has 254 entries (relic from Mill origins I think)  and if using say  a turret the offsets really need to be set per slots, for example if 12 slots like my turret then 1, 13, 25, 37 etc would all be slot 1.
 As you tend to have say boring bars all in one slot or drills in another then often 8 offsets per slot  is not enough and that is where the multiple tool tables in Rev 4 may come in handy. Also gang tool setups will be great with multiple tool tables, load the platten, load the correct tool table and off you go :)

Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »
HOOD you can do that NOW in mach3. Multiple tool tables are not really a problem with  CB macros to run the show. 

I'll look up the code I think it is in the MACH TOOL BOX on this site.

(;-)TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
Here is the link to the tool table export macro\

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11001.0.html

(;-) TP