Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:13:46 PM

Author Topic: BobCAM G-code 96 or 97 Error in Mach3  (Read 4571 times)

BobCAM G-code 96 or 97 Error in Mach3
« on: January 31, 2010, 11:20:13 PM »
Hi,  I am new to Mach3 and to CNC machining, but love doing this stuff. I have a Sherline lathe with a Soigeneris controller. I draw in Rhino, and use BobCAD's CAM to set up my g-code.  I have Smid's CNC Programming book on order and hope to be writing my own g-code soon. (By the way if you can recommend a good g-code tutorial that has demo programs please let me know). That out of the way, my question is:

BobCAD created a g-code program for me using canned cycles that is supposed to turn a piece of aluminum (or delrin) to size, cut two grooves in it and then cut it off. The program looks fine in BobCADs simulator. When I import the g-code into Mach3 I get a message saying "G96 error no S code". When I go back and make sure the CSS option is turned off I get "G97 error no S code". Since I have a Sherline mill with no spindle controls I don't want a G96 or G97 to show up, but if it does why is there no S code? I am not clear is this is a BobCAD issue, an issue with the post-processor or an issue with Mach3. Can you advise? I am also asking BobCAD about this. Thanks, FA.

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: BobCAM G-code 96 or 97 Error in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
Are you using the Mach3 post for BobCAD?

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
Re: BobCAM G-code 96 or 97 Error in Mach3
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
Yes, was using Mach3 Lathe post. Discussed with BobCAD and they say it is an error in their code. Since I don't need these commands I deleted them from my post processor.