Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:11:24 AM

Author Topic: LazyCam G Code exported to Mach3 is wrong  (Read 15150 times)

LazyCam G Code exported to Mach3 is wrong
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »
Everything looks fine in lazycam but when I hit post code and then load the file in Mach3 I only get three circles.
Its for a plasma table.

Re: LazyCam G Code exported to Mach3 is wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »
Hey Chandler,
   That does look a bit strange. Suspicions are that there is something amiss with your DXF, or possibly LCam settings.
If you post it, someone may be able to find a problem with it.
I have no experience with plasma but would take a look at it for ya.
Russ
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the help.
Someone else made the dxf file. I don't know the version of software they used or what they saved it as.
I have autocad 2000 and I'm able to open it and save it as different version. Nothing has worked for me so far though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:19:57 PM by ChandlerW »
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »
Took you DWG file and saved it as R12 DXF...attached below, and it seems to post out of LCam OK.
Are you running a licensed version of Mach ?
Russ
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »
No my copy of Mach3 is a Demo. I'm working with someone who has a modified copy called EZ Router. I'm using the demo version at my house.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Well, with license or without, it works fine here as it's only about 190 lines of code.
I'm using Version R3.042.036 and the latest LCam Licensed ver. 3.00 and it loads fine every time.
Let us know how you get along.
Russ
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »
Hey Chandler,
 Just for kicks, I removed my LCam license and get similar to what you are getting so I guess a LCam license is required to make this work for you.
I wasn't aware of this limitation with plasma mode.
Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Chandler,
Don't cover Plasma in the manual. In the manual i state that there is a 50 line limit if not licensed.
Frankly, it may be more or less as i have seen different  numbers posted over time, but, it is still restricted if a Demo.

Russ,
The latest version of LC is 3.00.2, i haven't updated tp Mach ver 036 yet, but i thought that a new install of Mach would install ver 3.00.2 of LazyCam.  ???

Till i update Mach,

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
I'm working with someone who has a modified copy called EZ Router

Know nothing about EZ Router software.
Do you mean EZ Router is a modified version of LazyCam?

RICH
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 09:53:25 PM »
EzRouter uses a hacked together version of Mach3. There is other software available on their website.
I'm working with a guy in his 70's. He bought this plasma cutting package from EzRouter and at first observation its total garbage.
The Mach3 that is modified is weird. The wizards are for milling. No wizards for plasma. If I was modifying the software I would have taken out the milling stuff and made it look like a plasma cutter.
The hardware that interfaces between the plasma cutter and the computer looks like a project box bought at Altex.
Their tech support is nonexistent. I get routed to voice mail and they don't return my calls.
EzRouter charged the guy $1000 to make an on site visit and provide tech support.
The owner of the machine doesn't know how to get the .dxf file into Mach3. He has BobCad/Cam and I think that is what he is supposed to be using. He also has SheetCam.
I'm just trying to help the guy out and I thought the easiest way to interface with Mach3 would be LazyCam. I guess I have to learn BobCad-Cam.

http://ez-router.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=109