Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:57:30 PM

Author Topic: mach 3 plasma troubles  (Read 2777 times)

mach 3 plasma troubles
« on: January 29, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
Hi,

Im currently upgrading my cnc plasma cutter to try to make it better. Ive added a G100 instead of the old breakout board, ive bought a new machine torch and upgraded to sheetcam TNG.

Ive got as far as trying to cut a part and have two problems, im using a touch off switch on the z axis and when the torch comes down and touches the switch and resets the z height to zero for some reason mach is adding or subtracting seemingly random numbers from both the x and y position at the same time, so the machine then thinks it is in the wrong place so cuts to the side of the shape and then cuts the shape. Any ideas? The G code is exactly the sae as i used to use in the old version, it has nothing in it about the x or y axis?

I am also finding my torch on off is unreliable, when i click the button on the screen in mach its perfect but when a program runs it will only work if i ahve recently cycled it on and off manually, if i havent the light comes on in mach but the relay doesnt close?

If it makes any difference i am running under vista and as i mentioned with a g100

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Matt

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 plasma troubles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:08:20 AM »
Hi Matt,

Ive got as far as trying to cut a part and have two problems, im using a touch off switch on the z axis and when the torch comes down and touches the switch and resets the z height to zero for some reason mach is adding or subtracting seemingly random numbers from both the x and y position at the same time, so the machine then thinks it is in the wrong place so cuts to the side of the shape and then cuts the shape. Any ideas? The G code is exactly the sae as i used to use in the old version, it has nothing in it about the x or y axis?

As nobody else has chipped in my feelings are that you have a noise issue here. The routing of the switch wiring and screen grounding should be checked also any other wiring that could pick up noise. Ideally all wiring runs should be screened and grounded at a single point.

Hope this helps a bit.

Tweakie.
PEACE