Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:13:25 AM

Author Topic: Read the Docs comment  (Read 2379 times)

Read the Docs comment
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
I'm having an issue with exporting a dxf file from LazyCam to Mach3. I've done some searching through the threads but haven't found the answer yet. What I have found is a moderator answering questions with "Read the docs" or "the answer can be found in the docs".
How helpful is that? Its not. People come here, ask questions, are redirected to the docs. The person reads the docs and get their answer. So now one person has the answer. No discussion takes place on the discussion board. On the other hand, if I'm redirected to the docs, and I can't find my answer, and I know that I'm not going to get any help here then I'm going to look at another software package with  better user support.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Read the Docs comment
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
ChandlerW,
I do notice that this is your first post so if you have a particular problem with LazyCam by all means post
and  there will be a reply to it by me or another user. You can reply again and again..., and i certainly promote it,
until your are satisfied with the response to you. I have never seen someone post....no more replies to a thread
 because the question has been answered.

Just for info, to put things in perspective, relative to  problems a user may have with LazyCam, and I speak
 only for myself.

1. I try to read ever single post relative to LC and reply based on the info given. My reply can be very specific
   , general, read the manual ( in some cases that reply says look at section, figure, or what ever). Additionaly
   I have spent HOURS helping someone find a solution or work around  to do something.

2.Many users don't even know there is a manual. Here is some info on the manaul which may save you some time:
   -  the manual took some 300 hours to do ( hard core hacking as there was no documentation). Surely there are
      things missed.
   - every post ever made on this site,  that i could find, was incorporated / considered and the info in some manner
      was incorporated into the manual the best i could.
   - the manual requires some minor additions and clarifications. But it has stood the test of time over the last year
     since it's writing.
   - if the manual answers the question, i will post specific info on where to find it. That saves me a lot of time, and
     frankly, my time is valuable also. Purely voluntary my friend...so cut me some slack!

3. I have echoed numerous times the following:
    - DO NOT HACK YOUR WAY THROUGH LAZYCAM
    - PLEASE  post you DXF. If a user does not want to want to post because of confidentiality, i will be happy to sign an
      agreement. And i have done that.

." if I'm redirected to the docs, and I can't find my answer, and I know that I'm not going to get any help here"

BULL----! That is just not true. I don't buy that for one momment. So post the problem, quit complaining, as you
     have not even asked yet!

Users will then give of themselves to assist you. There may not be a simple answer to the problem.

"So now one person has the answer."
Maybe, and if they took a momment and replied, saying this is what solved the problem, then all would benefit.

So please post you particular problem.  What more can i say,

RICH