Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:50:07 PM

Author Topic: No spindle output using latest ver. of Mach3 and latest SS plug in  (Read 3820 times)

Help, have just updated to latest version of mach 3 and latest smoothstepper plug in but now have no spindle ON  output using the spindle relay option. Spindle speed is controlled manually with a pot  but Mach (or the SS plug in)  now ignores the M3 command in the program to start the spindle and starts trying to cut the program with a stationary spindle. The movement delay option on spindle spin up no longer functions either. Have reinstalled earlier version of Mach and spindle function has returned but now i can't load the programs properly as i get an error telling me the start stop point of various lines of code don't match so won't run the program. Will try reinstalling old plug in tomorrow to see if that works. Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No spindle output using latest ver. of Mach3 and latest SS plug in
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »
The last part sounds like you IJ mode (General Config page) was changed, I have seen this occasionally happen on an upgrade.

The first part I am not really sure about as I dont use relays for spindle, I have servos so use Step/Dir. Things to check is make sure you have the spindle relay enabled and the correct pins set, also check in the plugin that the option for relays has not been changed.
Hiood
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:28:48 AM »
Many thanks Hood, i will check your suggestions out first thing in the morning.

Scratch
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:52:41 AM »
Thanks hood, just as you predicted. Changed IJ mode back and all is well again. Will have a go at getting everything working in latest ver. after i finish these urgent jobs. Thanks again.
Scratch

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Glad to hear it and if you have problems when you try the upgrade again just shout and hopefully we can get it sorted.

Hood