Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Video Edge Finder  (Read 23111 times)

Re: Video Edge Finder
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:16:11 PM »
I'm supposed to be a beta tester for Tormach's upcoming video prober.

Were you able to test the video prober?  I couldn't find any mention of it on your web site and see that Tormach is taking orders for them now.

Mike
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 04:30:15 PM »
Mike, I haven't gotten to it yet due to that little hard disk crash.  It's coming.  I will likely evaluate how well it is able to map and dimension my Colt 1911.

Cheers,

BW
Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
Hey - can you post your camera mount and modifications?
Maybe a picture or something.

I have both a web cam and a USB Microscope that I'm going to try to create a mount for.

Thanks for any help,

Joe
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:44:33 PM »
Don’t know If anyone is interested. This is the result using a 208c cmos cam and a usb easy cap. pic is a 0.004 feeler gage.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
A
Don’t know If anyone is interested. This is the result using a 208c cmos cam and a usb easy cap. pic is a 0.004 feeler gage.

Actually that is a very useful photo.  It might also be a good suggestion for how to use a video edge finder for greater precision.  Use a known thickness gage like that to get the scale of the projected line before proceeding.  This way you know the tolerance you are setting for your camera to your part.  Obviously the part edge and the gage edge would need to be close to the same height from the table.