Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:21:56 AM

Author Topic: that cryptic status bar  (Read 8136 times)

Re: that cryptic status bar
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
My last name is Bathgate
I was born and currently live in Baltimore, MD (USA, if necessary)
I'm under the impression that my name come from a town in Scottland although I am not Scottish myself.( at least no one in my family for a few generations is from there) Im told alot of my family is German and Czech.
where about is this town. I should like to visit it some day. I hear Scottland is nice.
chris
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 05:37:43 PM by guynamedbathgate »

Hood

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »
Yes, Bathgate is in Scotland, probably about 20 miles west of Edinburgh, I am about 65 miles North of Edinburgh in a town called Carnoustie.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 06:46:12 AM »
Did you figure out how to fix the Gcode?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 07:27:49 AM »
well I did figure out part of it. I realize now what you mean by absolut and incremental not affecting the I and J adress unless you change the settings under the logic/State. pull down so that was part of it. I had used some of the incremental IJ arc format in other parts of the program, but for one reason or another i wrote that  sub in a absolute IJ format thinking entering a g90 would switch it to absolute arc mode. but aparently it doesnt. I also rewrote the whole thing using the R radius format and that has worked fine. so if that was the problem then yes I did. I also noticed then when I did change the arc setting over to an absolute IJ I got errors on the arcs I had written for an Incremental IJ. so I think it all makes sense now. If there is anything more wrong with what I posted, Id sure like to know to avoid any more problems. but for now thanks for all the help. Im sure Ill have plenty more questions once I get my actual mill set up here in a month or so. and the damned thing will only cut smilley shapes or something wierd like that.
cheers.