Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:24:12 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Flashcut driver  (Read 3004 times)

Mach3 and Flashcut driver
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:07:11 AM »
Hello
I have a Sherline mill with  Flashcut 3 axis cnc . I have been trying without success to get Mach3 demo version to run my mill.
I have the Flashcut driver box connected to the computer printer port.
I have been through the help videos and have been through all of the items they talked about as far as getting your motors to run.
This system has stepper motors.
Will a Flascut driver only work with its own signal box ?
Is there a video on how to check your port cable to see if it is putting out signal ?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Dave E

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 and Flashcut driver
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »
A volt meter on the cable between your Dir pin and a ground pin will show if its passing the signal when you reverse an axis, you will get approx 5 volts one way and 0v the other. Similarly with the Step pins but you will only see a small voltage change which will be dependant whether you have active High or Low selected. In other words as you jog you may see the 5v drop slightly or you may see the voltage increase a bit from 0V, the faster you jog the more change you will see.

First thing though would be to check your cable is a straight through and not cross over, just use the Ohm meter on your DVM to check continuity pin to pin on the cable.

Hood
Re: Mach3 and Flashcut driver
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
Thank you Hood. I will check that out tonight. I am using a m/m jumper that I paid $1.29 for.
Thanks again