Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:36:32 PM

Author Topic: There is a God!!!!!Keygrabber Axis Gain question  (Read 82805 times)

Hood

Re: Keygrabber Axis Gain question
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 05:51:20 PM »
Also forgot to say that you could use screen 4 to place a DRO on each screen so that you can keep an eye on the Jog speed percentage, the OEM code for the DRO is 3

Hood
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:54:21 PM by Hood »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:06:28 PM »
Thanks Hood. That does work, I did that a couple of days ago. I used axis one for this and it did control the jog rate in the tab screen. When you press a keyboard key it does just as it should. However the anolog joysticks hardly notice the change from .1-100. One thing I did note is that with the jog rate at 100 you can move all three axis at the same time. When you lower the rate you can still jog two axis at once but the second one you command is the one that is affected by the rate change.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 05:09:25 AM »
How do you find the keygrabber, I found it very easy to set up and been able to set the feedrate very handy but I found the time delay most annoying, does anyone else find this to.

I've tried Arts joystick plugin, that works so well just ashame it only does two axes and no buttons, I guess I have to watch his SDK video again and learn how to add more controls.

I've also tried a program called JoyToKey this worked well for the buttons but I couldn't get the analog bit working properly so it was all or nothing on the stick but it was instent.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 08:56:27 AM »
Hello Chris,
        I find the keygrabber to be really nice and easy to set up. I had the Gamepad set up in less than 20min. It's killer. I can do the following from a $16.00 gamepad I bought at Walmart.
1,2,3. Jog my X,Y,&Z in analog. Slow to fast.All three at the same time if slow jog is at 100%
4,5,6. Zero my X,Y,&Z axis DROS with an interlock.
7,8,9. Feed rate +,-,& instant return to 100%
10. Step mode. This works good if you want to move one axis at the time and the axis do step with the keyboard but not with the analogs.
11. Go to Zero with an interlock. Sends all three axis home.
12. Program rewind.
13. Cycle start.
14. Feed hold.
15. Cycle stop.
16. Flood coolant toggle. On,off.
17. Single block.
18. Block delete.
19. Optional stop.
20. Raise and lower my slow jog rate with analog. This is what I'm having problems with.
This does raise and lower my slow jog rate on the second axis I command, but not the first. If I,we,anybody can get this going it will be complete and super nice.
It also has a self retracting cord and plugs in to a USB port. Can't beat that!!!!!!!!! My only concern is, how is it going to hold up, and I know it's not coolant proof.
I have not noticed any delay at all with any of this. I can run my mill efficiently from this simple gamepad. This is the way to go. I built a simple pendant with two 4 position joysticks and two mom. push bottons in a box. I used an Ipac emulator and got it to do exactly what I wanted, just not enough of it. I got every thing from Automation Direct (except the emulator, it came from Ultimarc) and still had $195.00 in it.
       On your time delay. Do you have your up and down keystrokes as typematic? If you do you can go to the misc. settings and get that delay out. I have mine set as two stage typematic and my settings are
Go into keygrabber, Misc. settings
Typematic
Initial delay 300 this is where I suspect your delay is coming from. This is in Milli seconds. It's purpose is not to confuse Mach (I think).
First Rate 10 per second repeat rate
Number at first rate 5. After it sees (this value) strokes it jumps to second rate.
Second Rate 100 per second repeat rate.

Hope this helps,

Brett

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 12:34:02 PM »
If you have a time delay with Keygrabber (I don't and I have not heard of anyone else who has), I would take a look at the services and software packages that you have loaded at system startup.  There may be a non-related conflict between two packages (two anti-virus packages at the same time as an example) which are fighting for control or some other abnormal things that are loaded.  Another possibility is that you may find that you have some "malware" which intercepts ksystrokes which has become resident on your system.  This is not a good thing (from a security standpoint), but can generally be removed with the better anti-spyware programs (you might run more than one in indevidual scans and then choose one to keep resident with periodic scans from the others).  Free ones include Microsoft Defender (download from www.microsoft.com) and Spybot Search & Destroy (available from http://www.safer-networking.org/).  Good commercial ones are available from Webroot (Spysweeper at www.webroot.com) and the Kaspersky Labs anti-virus package I think adresses them as well.

From everything I've seen, your slowdown problem is not related to the IPAC or Keygrabber and I encourage you to eliminate any software conflicts or unwanted security risks as a slow response time on your gamepad may be the least of your eventual problems.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »
Hi

I've tried Brett's settings, this has help a little but I've still got a noticeable delay.

Initial delay             Brett's 300  Mine 0
First Rate                Brett's 10    Mine 0
Number at first rate  Brett's 5      Mine 0
Second Rate           Brett's 100   Mine No Value

What an IPAC? I don't have one I think, do I need one?

Jeff thanks for the reply, I'm fairly sure this isn't a conflict or malware problem as it's on a freshly loaded system fully formated and then fully optimised as per Art's text file, I've also checked whats running while I'm using keygraber and I can't see anything.

Oh I should probably add I'm using a joystick that plugs into the back of the sound card in the game port not a USB one.

Thanks again

Chris
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »
Chris,

Never mind the IPAC (I must have been tired when I wrote the response.  The IPAC is a keyboard emulator that I use and interface to Keygrabber, but has nothing to do with your application :-) )

Assuming you have a reasonably fast PC, if no one else experiences a delay, but you do, and assuming that the application is set up the same, then the problem is likely to be similar to one of the things I mentioned. 

The only other thing that comes to mind is some sort of an interupt issue.  Take a look at start/control panel (may have to hit "settings" to find it)/System/device manager (may have to hit "hardware" to get here).  See if you have any items or drivers with exclamation marks or red "X"'s.  If so, you should correct the issue and problem may go away.

Jeff
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »
Hey Fellas,  I used to use the DPAD but when ART wrote a plugin for the ShuttlePro pendant I decided to get one and give it a whirl.  It works GREAT and I think will solve all the problems you are going through.  Even if you don't have the Shuttle Pro pendant you can download and install the plugin and play around with the configuration screen to see just exactly what you can do with it.  The Jog wheel (actually there are 2 jog wheels) works very similar to a mpg- check it out!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »
The Other Sid,

Where do you get the shuttle pro pendant and how much should it cost? I did look at the plugin and config. screen. This may be the cure for my problem. I would like to say that my problem is very small. The game pad is nice and really easy to set up in Keygrabber. I'm just trying to get it perfect.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »
Chris,

Make sure you set your initial delay in misc. settings to 300 and not 3000. Also, did you load any drivers with your gamepad? I did not and remember reading somewhere that you should not. If you have, uninstall those and go straight to Keygrabber. Keygrabber should still recognize your gamepad. I have mine plugged in to a USB port. If the above doesn't work you may want to try that.

Let me know if this works.
Thanks,

Brett