Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:15:20 AM

Author Topic: Trouble with the iMach Pro pendant  (Read 3759 times)

Trouble with the iMach Pro pendant
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
Using Mach3 with a dspMC controller w/Mach Motion breakout boards. Boards are a 5 to 24v input range. I have a solid 5v going to the iMach but it is only outputting 4.7 volts to the pins. They barely light up. On my Mach screen I can see the Leds go on and off as I turn the selects on the iMach pendant. The "Action Button" will not trigger the Led on the Mach screen though I can see it toggling, very dimly lit on the breakout board. The estop lights up nothing. I know I have the ports/pins setup correctly but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the OEMs setup as per the wire colors and as per Ray's macropump. Is there a better way I could install this? Using a mini ATX so I do not have an extra PCI slot for the iMach LPT card. Haven't even got to the actual MPG setup yet. Any suggestions?
RonO
Re: Trouble with the iMach Pro pendant
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
4.7V is more than plenty for a high leve - as good as you'll get, in fact.  Are you getting a good *low* level?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »
4.7V is more than plenty for a high leve - as good as you'll get, in fact.  Are you getting a good *low* level?

Regards,
Ray L.

I take that back. The breakout boards require 12 to 30v to activate an input. No wonder the board Leds are so dim. All my limits and axis solenoids are 24v so that hasnt been a problem. To be clear, the outputs (every axis/mode wire) from the iMach are a postive voltage, is that correct?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »
If you're expecting the iMach to drive 12V inputs, you're going to have to add current limiting resistors and protection diodes to all the signals, so you don't blow up the iMachs TTL driver.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.