Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:23:42 AM

Author Topic: Live Video Window  (Read 4535 times)

Live Video Window
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »
Question on the live video window.  I'm playing with it on my office PC because it has a capture card in it.  When I try to set up the video source, I get an error that says "Video OCX (VIDEO) - Driver can't be connected."  I press OK on that and then I get another message that says "Unable to start camera".  My office PC is 64 bit.  Is that why it's not working?  I'm not running the PP driver.  Mach installed, starts and runs fine but no live video. 

Will the video window only work with a USB camera or will it work with any capture device?  I need to run about 25 feet of video cable from the machine to the Mach PC and I think PCI capture card will work better than USB over that distance.

Thank for any suggestions.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Live Video Window
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
RRC1962,
I have found that some cameras just don't work. I don't know why. I posted a similar question long time ago and others had the same problem. Don't know any more about it. All the cameras i tried were USB.
Can't speak for other devices. I use a modified cheap web cam for CopyCat and the cord is maybe 12 feet long.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
Thanks Rich.  I'd like to use a wireless IP camera but I suspect the video window won't know what to do with it since it's looking for a camera/capture device. 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:02:38 PM »
That's my limited experience. I will remark that both of the web camera's were from Radio Shack.
Same manufacturer, same camera, different drivers. One works and the other will not.  ???
RICH
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
I am going to resurrect this thread because I have a camera on Win 7 64 that works with the applet that it comes with. It finds and uses the generic USB 2.0 Camera device. However when I try to connect to it with Mach 3 I get the same error as the OP: "Video OCX (VIDEO) - Driver can't be connected."  I have to believe this is a Mach 3 bug. BTW - This same camera works fine on a Win 7 32 system in Mach 3.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »

Did you try one of my video programs. CameraV1.05 is a standalone version and PluginCameraV2.11 is, as the names says the Mach plug in. They both should run on 64bit OS's.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
I downloaded and installed PluginCameraV2.11 and it reports "no camera found". I downloaded and installed YAWcam (a webcam app) and it works fine. I don't know if it matters but this is an 8 MP camera and like I said it works fine with Win 7 32 in Mach.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
OK, so I messed with this some more and when I tried to run the ap that came with the camera, that used to work, it had a frozen image of the banner from one of the apps. I uninstalled both parts of the webcam app and now bot the video window for Mach3 and the PluginCameraV2.11 work )along with everything else). I have no idea what fixed the problem but it now works so I am happy. Thanks for your help!