Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:40:52 AM

Author Topic: MP-03 Pendant Setup Question  (Read 7123 times)

MP-03 Pendant Setup Question
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
I have one of the ModIO MP-03 pendant kits that I have built.  I have all of the buttons and switches working but the one problem I have is that I have never been able to get the LED lights above the 3 middle switches or the led to the right of the cycle start button to work.   All of the buttons work just not the lights. The lights for the estop, spindle, and feedrate work fine.  I have tried multiple configurations and going through the ModIO manual without luck.  I also don't believe it is a wiring issue since the corresponding lights on the modio board do not light up either. Any insight would really be appreciated.  I am using the MP-03 plugin version 2.1.

Thanks
Mike
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:00:19 AM by stevens157 »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MP-03 Pendant Setup Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Recheck your wiring, verses the schematic and trigger the lights directly through the serial modbus test dialog.

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »
Wiring checks out.  I am a little lost on how to manually trigger through the test dialog.  How and where do I do that?  Do I need to setup something in the modbus or output configuration screens?

Thanks for your help!
Mike

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »
Mike, in the plugin's dialog, there is a button labeled "Help" push it and it will bring up a seperate Flash How To, window, it will go step by step for you on how to setup/use the MP-03.

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
I have gone through and checked everything.  It is all setup the way the help file states.  On the mp-03 page I can see the state change for all of the buttons.  I can also get the state to change for the Spindle, E-Stop, and FRO LED.  I cannot get them to change for the Tool change, Soft Button LED A,B, or C.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »
I got the led"s for the soft buttons to work when the left switch is in positions 9 - 12.  I still cannot make the light next to the lower left button come on at all.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
??? hmmm dont know then, if you can email Peter and ask him to help you, unfortunatly, my conex of stuff from the states wont be here to my duty station for a month or more??........  sometimes a crap shoot with the army.

scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 02:02:22 PM »
Is all good.  I will keep at it.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple I was overlooking.

Mike
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 02:04:56 PM »
Is there a newer version of the plugin thatn the one I am using?  I have 2.1.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Hi,

Scott, thanks for helping out.

Mike, can you test that the output for the LED is working? You can do this by observing the corresponding SMT LED on the ModIO board. Does it illuminate?

If not, then you need to go to the Mach3 Modbus Test page and turn the Led on through there to test if it works.

As to the plugin, the latest one I have from Scott is Ver: 2-4

Send me your email and I'll send it to you.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com