Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:13:23 AM

Author Topic: How to setup a output trigger in the mach blue screen  (Read 4749 times)

How to setup a output trigger in the mach blue screen
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:19:33 PM »
I'd like to use the flood button to trigger a relay for starting my router. Is there a way to do that? I'd like to use pin #1 or #17.

Dave

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: How to setup a output trigger in the mach blue screen
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:26:57 AM »
Sorry but I have to ask - what's wrong with using the spindle button to start the ... erm... spindle?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
Nothing is wrong with that, except I find it very inconvenient going to the diagnostic page every time I want to start the router motor. However I see that the flood button is output #2, so I'll try that.

The blue screens that I'm using are for the xyz probe.

Thanks for the help, you did help. I don't know VB so I won't be changing the name on the button. I'll give it a try, and get back with the results.

Dave

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
Hi Dave

I thought you meant the blue screens here http://www.machsupport.com/screens.php by "The InsomniaX" which have a spindle on/off on the main (program) screen. Seems strange that whatever screenset you're using has a flood button but not a spindle button - anyway - there you go.

Also - not sure if you know already but you can turn the spindle on/off with M3/M5 in your gcode if that's any use.

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »
I thought you meant the blue screens here http://www.machsupport.com/screens.php by "The InsomniaX" which have a spindle on/off on the main (program) screen. Seems strange that whatever screenset you're using has a flood button but not a spindle button - anyway - there you go.

Here's the link for the screens that I'm using.

http://www.machsupport.com/screens/MachBlue_setup.zip

I don't know why there would be a flood with no spindle control, who knows.

I have a trigger now but I thought I would be able to use my 12v supply but can't so I need to find a relay with a 48v coil, I'm not having much luck. I check Mouser, they probably have one but I'll have to call to find one, their filtering system doesn't work for me. I also checked Jamco and Factory Mation and they don't carry a 48vdc relay that I could find.

There must be one somewhere.

Dave

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
Hi Dave

This IS the set I thought you were using. The spindle on/off is there near botton right. (see attached image)

Cheers

Ian