Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:15:50 AM

Author Topic: Help with servos and drives.  (Read 18654 times)

Re: Help with servos and drives.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
I"ll try that..  One other question. The motor connections on the drive are labled R,S,T, . Is it important how these connect to the motor?
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
I had to change the file extension to .txt so the forum would allow me to upload it.

Here it is.  Hope it makes more sense to you then me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »
Ok have it open, what exactly are you having problems with, there are a lot of settings, a lot of which wont really matter.
Hood
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
got into the DSAPro communtation Diagnostics.

I run a test at 10%,  The motor moves but somewhat erraticly and the software recomends wiring changes "V conection move to W,  W connection move to V"

I have no idea what a V or a W connection is?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
Its the terminals your motor connects to on the drive, U V W or can also be R S T.
It varies from drive to drive in the model  range, so if your drive has R S T then you need to swap the wire thats on S and put it on T and the one thats on T put on S, make sure the drives powered down fist though ;D

Hood
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »
OK, no more errors there after making that change.  It's telling me to set the hall to 300 degrees?
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
OK, all, Hood in Scotland was invaluable in got me pointed in the right direction.  I've got G&L drives working and motors tuned, interfaced with Mach!

Good stuff, great camaraderie, This site rocks!

Hope I can return the favor and help the next person move forward!

Best, Tristar500

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »
Great to hear :)
If you are  wanting the details of the line driver for the board I made up for myself give me a shout again on skype and I will send the pdf over.
Hood
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
Hey Hood, still working out the details of the final shape of the machine frame.

If you like you could post the line driver PDF here?

TS500
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
Wiring up the motors to the drives are fairly straightforward, the drives can accept single ended outputs for Step/Dir but I prefer to use the Differential inputs. As the signals from Mach are single ended you need to make up a small circuit and use a line driver to turn them into differential outputs but as said its not needed but preferred to help with noise immunity.

Hood

can you help me with the circuit to turn single end outputs to differential outputs? I have a servo drive that only accept differential signal and I want to use mach3, thanks in advance, JB