Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:53:31 AM

Author Topic: USB and Mach  (Read 21582 times)

Re: USB and Mach
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »
Koko you will find what version you are using by clicking on PLUGIN CONTROL

As Hood says it may be in your plugin folder but it has to be enabled.

You can do this click FUNCTION CFG'S then reset DEVICE SELECT

Then restart Mach and choose the new plugin then it WILL BE FIXED FOR YOU as well  ;D ;D ;D

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
Just for reference:
I just looked in my computer and see that I have the ZIP file: SmoothStepperUSBDriver 2.06.00 saved 12/11/09
I went to Mach3 ==> PlugIn Control and it shows up as: SmoothStepper Beta2 Ver 0.015ogx Config
My board is Ver 1.2
I use a keyboard emulator Pendant and the Start/Pause and Stop work as normal.
Hope this helps.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Phil, maybe it is just my setup but I think you will find if you look in plugins control that it is listed as OGX rather than OGX2, seems Greg forgot to update that for this particular revision, probably due to it being rushed out.

Hood
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 06:18:46 PM »
Koko you will find what version you are using by clicking on PLUGIN CONTROL

As Hood says it may be in your plugin folder but it has to be enabled.

You can do this click FUNCTION CFG'S then reset DEVICE SELECT

Then restart Mach and choose the new plugin then it WILL BE FIXED FOR YOU as well  ;D ;D ;D

Phil
Yeah, it's enabled.  It was the only one ever installed, it's the version you say, and NO, IT IS NOT FIXED.  You'd expect the same thing for everyone, but in this case it is not. 
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
Hood koKo i have just looked it is called 0.015.OGX the previous version was called 0.015OGB if memory serves me correct.

But in the plugins folder it has the 2 on the end IE ver 0150gx2.dll

KoKo if you hit STOP which is as good as an as E Stop you must re reference anyway.

Phil
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:28:07 PM by Phil_H »

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
I'm still working with Mach3 v3.042.02, and the v015ogb plug-in, both almost a year old.  With the current versions, my spindle takes 15-20 seconds to ramp up to speed.  This appeared, at first, to be a problem with my SS hardware, but I now have three different SS board, and they all behave the same.  I do still find the SS far preferable to the PP, but I do wish we could get these last few bugs out of it....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
Ray are you meaning that with the new plugin it takes longer to spin up?

Hood
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
HimyKabibble  my spindle via VFD takes 1 second, in actual fact i had to put a 2 second delay in Mach before i could use feed per rev

Phil

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »
Hood koKo i have just looked it is called 0.015.OGX the previous version was called 0.015OGB if memory serves me correct.

But in the plugins folder it has the 2 on the end IE ver 0150gx2.dll

KoKo if you hit STOP which is as good as an as E Stop you must re reference anyway.

Phil
No it is not, and there is a difference between "re-reference" and re-pick up a part.  Sometimes you don't like what a program is doing, you want to stop, edit the code before disaster hits, and avoid the problem.  With STOP you can halt the execution of the program, and run something else without re-referencing anything, STOP does not cause an ESTOP, the drives don't lose position, nothing.  I'm not going to argue with you further on this, as it's not productive.  The software is still in beta, even according to the writer of it.  Nuff said.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »
koko, I think you said you press feedhold and when axis movement is halted then press Stop, that is the proper procedure and will not cause a problem with Mach, seems it causes a problem with your SS however which is not good :(

Pressing Stop while axis are moving is a different matter and  really requires a re-reference as the chances are position is lost and I think that is what Phil thought you were doing.

I agree that the SS is not perfect yet, might never be but for me it does work extremely well and with very few issues, seems though that some others do have niggles.

Hood