Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:58:59 AM

Author Topic: Tormach,Mach3,& MasterCam 8.1.1  (Read 4785 times)

Tormach,Mach3,& MasterCam 8.1.1
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
Hello,
I'm in the process of researching the last few things I need to know before deciding to purchase a Tormach mill. I have a licensed seat of MasterCam Mill/Lathe that I have used for my Fadal,Bridgeport DX32 and Tree Dynapath 20.
I'm in the semiretired mode now and no longer have these machines and but still have a big interest in CNC milling. Being a Cam programmer I have done little of any manual programming. I would like to use MasterCam for my Tormach,but need a post for this older version of MasterCam. I downloaded the available post from Artsoft, but it does not work with 8.1.1 version. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Mach 3 looks great and since I have more time now I hope to add manual programming along with the Cam as I go along.

Thanks in advance ! :)
Brian

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Tormach,Mach3,& MasterCam 8.1.1
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »
You could probably use the 'generic fanuc' post and be fine. Tormach would probably give you a post or be more helpful in selecting one.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
Re: Tormach,Mach3,& MasterCam 8.1.1
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
Good luck with Tormach giving you a post...

I was ready to buy a machine..called Tormach, asked if They could put in a 5axis driver for me... before I got it out of my mouth guy said no, won't work. Asked a couple of other questions and he said no before I got it outa my mouth again.

Bought an Industrial Hobbies machine all prewired and set-up for 5axis. And IH is available with help all the time. It took a little longer to get the mill built but worth it.

If you haven't bought the Tormach yet, give Industrial Hobbies a call!