Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:00:21 PM

Author Topic: Is this prgram ( Mach ) suitable for my milling M/C ??  (Read 9749 times)

Is this prgram ( Mach ) suitable for my milling M/C ??
« on: September 18, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »
Hi every one ......... i wont ask you if i can use this program for my own design ....

Ok let me tell you first about my small milling m/c .... i use 3 Unipolar stepper motors with 1.8 degree / step and i use ULN 2803 ic in my control circuit with the parallel port and i connect the motor shaft directly to the Power screw with pitch 1.2 mm .

Now acording to the previous specifications you must know that if i need to move my m/c in X direction a distance  = 5 mm .. the motor must turns   5/1.2 = 4.167 round ... and to do this the motor must move  ( 360 / 1.8 ) * 4.167 = 833.4   step

So , if my workpiece is 100 mm square and i use Mach program to do this jop with dxf file .. is the product squre will has the same dimention of the drowing square ???

I mean that is the program will respect all this ratios in my mechanism ???????
Re: Is this prgram ( Mach ) suitable for my milling M/C ??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:53:21 PM »
Mach3 should work just fine for you. When you tune the motors
all screw pitch calculations and resulting steps will be taken into account by Mach.
Your question of the part ending up the same as your .DXF file is determined
by how you create the program. The cutter tool path must end up offset
by the tool radius value to cut the correct size. In other words it's more of a
programming issue than it is Mach.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
1st .. i wont to thank you for your fast rsponse ....

2nd .. from your reply i understand that the Mach 3 has options to know the motors type and all its specifications to work with ... is it also has option to define the Port which i deal with ?? & how can i define the screw to the program ???????

Hood

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »
You can define the port by putting its address in the ports and pins page. Mach can use up to two parallel ports if you need more inputs/outputs than one port will provide. You then calculate how many steps it takes to move one unit (1 Inch or 1mm depending on whether you set up metric or imperial)
 There are some very good videos on the download section which show the basic setup of Mach, well worth a look ;-)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »
I would also suggest you download Mach3 (it is free) and go through
the set up along with the documentation and video's. You do not need
to have a machine hooked up to play with the software.
You will get a much better understanding of Mach's capabilities.

Al
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:26:16 PM »
thank you guys for your useful help ..... i download the videos and starting  watching it from yesterday and it was very very useful

now i know how to define my system to the program ... thank you my friends  ;D

but i still has one more qustion   ;) ;) ;)

as i told you before .. i useing ULN2803 to controle my stepper motor .... in the program there is two pins to define the motor ... step pin and dir pin .

my control circuit is very simple it depends on the sequance of charging winding so i use pins 2,3,4 and 5 from LPT port pins

and about the direction it also depends on the sequance  for EX . ( 1000 , 0100 , 0010 , 0001 ) these foure steps in CW direction ....... and ( 0001 , 0010 , 0100 , 1000 ) is in ccw direction.

so .. acording to the previous description.. my qustion is .. which pin is direction pin and which pin is step pin ?????????????

or ...... am i need a different control circiut ??????????

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:03:19 PM by Amino »
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
HI ...  Where are you guys !!!!!

I need your help please to compleat my project .....

Hood

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »
HI ...  Where are you guys !!!!!

I need your help please to compleat my project .....

I'm in Scotland

Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »
Amino,

You can use the MaxNC mode to generate this pattern.

Darek

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 01:14:40 PM »
Hi, Amino

In Standard Mach uses 2 pin's per axis, 1 Step Pulses, 1 for Direction, it's eather High or Lo, Typ. X 2,3, Y 4,5, Z 6,7.

Your ULN2803 is a Darl. driver chip w1th ( 1000 , 0100 , 0010 , 0001 ) you need 4 pins to drive it, uses all your output pins for one port.

You should consider a step/dir IC like the Analog Devices UCN 5804B - 5,6,8 wire stepper's or there are many board's that will drive your

stepper's, leaves you with output pins fore other items like Spindle control.

In Mach you'll find Config, Ports Pins, for pin setup and Config, Motor Tuning, for setup Steps per, enter steps per unit MM or INCH.

Hope this Helps, Chip