Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:57 AM

Author Topic: Misplaced Table Display  (Read 9539 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Misplaced Table Display
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 06:42:29 PM »
I have just checked here on my own xml and even though you have a Home Off value you still need to have the Auto Zero checked in the homing and limits page and I just noticed you dont have that done in the screenshot. That is likely your problem.
Hood

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
I have just set the Auto Zero and that made no difference.

All axes zero correctly at Home.
The Kanalog plugin is configured to do the Homing sequence.
I have emailed Tom Kerekes to see if he can shed some light on the problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »
All axes zero correctly at Home.

Not sure if you actually meant that but if you did looks like the problem is the plugin as your axis should NOT zero when homed, the X and Y should be at your Home Off value when homed and looking at Machine Coords.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »
Just thought I would mention the way homing is done on my Lathe and Mill because it is similar to your in that it does the homing externally from Mach. My servo drives do the homing and Mach knows nothing about it until the drives send a signal to tell it.
 The way I do that is I have the VB in my Ref All button send a signal out to my first axis (Z) and the drive will home and then once there will send a signal back to Mach to tell Mach to press the Home button for the Z axis, the same then happens for Y and X axis. There are no Home switches set up in Mach so as soon as the Home button for any axis is activated the Machine Coords are set to the Home position or Home Off value.
Heres the code I use in the Ref All button on the Lathe.

DoOemButton (240)                     'De-Reference All axis
 Sleep(10)
 If GetOemLED (809) Then               'Check that Ref Z LED is RED
  Do
   Call SetModOutput (21,1)             'Activate ModOutPut 20
    If GetInput(19) Then Exit Do       'Loop until ModInPut 18 is seen
    Sleep (10)
    Loop
    End If
    Call SetModOutPut (21,0)            'DeActivate ModOutPut 20
    DoOemButton(1024)                    'Set Z axis Home   

If GetOemLED (807) Then
  Do
   Call SetModOutPut (20,1)
    If GetInput(18) Then Exit Do
    Sleep (10)
    Loop
    End If
    Call SetModOutPut (20,0)
    DoOemButton (1022)

Hood

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
The Homing is in C code, which is a foreign language that I can almost recognise. VB is off the planet for me but I do understand what you mean.
My Homing code tells it to reset to Zero and you are saying that it should be setting the table limit figure.
I am working on that.
But it does seem to beg the question - why won't Mach3 let me set the Home Zero in any corner of the table that I please?
It really only appears to want it in the front left corner.
That may sound a little titchy :) - but I have had another eight hours of frustration out of it today :(
But I will persevere - later!
Ross

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
But it does seem to beg the question - why won't Mach3 let me set the Home Zero in any corner of the table that I please?
It really only appears to want it in the front left corner.

It does let you set it anywhere you want.

I think your problem may lie with the KFlop plugin. I asked them about homing on a different forum last week, and got the impression that the homing is handled by their plugin.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 02:15:44 AM »
You are correct Gerry. It is handled by the plugin board - Kanalog/Kflop, but once it is Homed the DROs all zero.
The only way I have been able to get the table display to appear with the job inside it is to set the table limits as negative figures.
The problem with that is that the drawing is then upside down.
The machine still cuts it the correct way up - it's just the drawing that ain't right - any way I set it.
I will wait and see if Tom Kerekes, of Dynomotion, has a solution with the Homing code.
Ross

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 02:45:59 AM »
Ok, well Mach does allow you to set the home any place, that is what you are doing with the Home Off values.
 The Kflop it seems though is setting the machine coords zero rather than letting Mach enter the Home Off values.
 I know nothing of C++ but seems the Kflop is using SetMachZero kind of call, if it could do the button call instead (DoOemButton(1022) etc) then it would work perfectly.

Hood
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:57:49 AM by Hood »

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 03:56:36 AM »
I think I am beginning to see the light thanks Hood. I am sure you are correct in what you say.
I just have to figure how to include that call in C.
I will continue with that approach and let you know how I get on.
Ross

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 02:36:34 AM »
You were right Hood.
Tom devised some C code to tell the machine, as soon as it had completed it's Homing sequence, to register that it was at it's maximum positive extents and I have added that to the Homing code and all is well.
Thanks for the help. The mists have cleared on that problem and I can move on to the next milestone, which is getting the spindle operational and cutting something - anything.
I have been doing drawings, with a felt tip pen in the spindle, up until now and now I can actually view them in the display screen - in the correct position on the table :)
I have to add that Tom Kerekes' help has been exceptional. We have had a few hiccups where I couldn't/didn't convey just what the problem was but we have got everything sorted to this point - and there has been quite a lot of sorting to be done.
Next he is going to have to put up with the ordeal of me converting a lathe from it's Fagor system to a Mach3/Kanalog setup.